Status
Not open for further replies.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
How long should I wait before switching from my Aspire nautilus Mini Premium Kit, and my iTaste MVP 2.0, to an an Hexohm box mod?

As long as it takes to learn how to use the new device safely :)
Know battery safety -
1) you don't want to pull more amps than the battery pair can handle - batteries in series work different than batteries in parallel
2) buy sets of two high drain high amp batteries and marry them - charge together, use together, never use separately or with another couple (batteries work best in monogamous relationships - one used by itself or with another may cause the other to explode... not unlike with people LOL)
3) ohms law (teaches you about the relationship between watts, volts, ohms, and amps)
4) limits of the OKR chip that is in the hex ohm, and how it manages the batteries.
5) the safety mechanisms in the device, and the things you have to watch out for on your own
^not a complete list, but a starting place to get your research going, usually starting is the hardest part :)

Reactions: Mikeg68B10

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
How long should I wait before switching from my Aspire Nautilus Mini Premium Kit, and my iTaste MVP 2.0, to an an Hexohm box mod?

There's no rush. Your MVP/Nautilus combo is a very good PV. Simple to use and maintain, and a very good performer.

If you decide to move into rebuildables, removable batteries, etc. this all comes with a price. It may make your vaping more satisfying, but it also makes it a lot more work. If you're not into the hobby aspect of it, it just becomes work.

If you're happy with your current setup, enjoy it! You might get much more bang for the buck looking for your favorite e-liquids, rather than chasing after some idea of the "ultimate" vape hardware!

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
There's no rush. Your MVP/Nautilus combo is a very good PV. Simple to use and maintain, and a very good performer.

If you decide to move into rebuildables, removable batteries, etc. this all comes with a price. It may make your vaping more satisfying, but it also makes it a lot more work. If you're not into the hobby aspect of it, it just becomes work.

If you're happy with your current setup, enjoy it! You might get much more bang for the buck looking for your favorite e-liquids, rather than chasing after some idea of the "ultimate" vape hardware!

good point - it is defiantly a hobby for me. I get great satisfaction from customizing my own builds and having things get better and better. Now I can bang out my standard build in 5 min or so.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
good point - it is defiantly a hobby for me. I get great satisfaction from customizing my own builds and having things get better and better. Now I can bang out my standard build in 5 min or so.

For me as well (although 5 mins beats my best by a considerable margin!)

But it's not for everyone, and nowadays you can get a great vape off-the-shelf, which wasn't true a couple years ago.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
For me as well (although 5 mins beats my best by a considerable margin!)

But it's not for everyone, and nowadays you can get a great vape off-the-shelf, which wasn't true a couple years ago.

I've been at this (rebuilding) for since October 2013, so I've got my process down pat :) trying builds I don't regularly do takes considerably longer :)

Not everyone vapes the same - true that! It is great that you can get a great vape with little hassle: MVP2 with Nautilus BVC should be enough to get anyone off cigarettes that really wants to switch. Now I recommend the MVP20w which should push the nautilus better. You can find a great deal on that setup - under $80!

Now if we could just find a cheap and simple solution for finding an ADV... elusive bugger :) (i've got mine but it took 6 months to find...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread