Hey guys. Noobie here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakota

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Kalifornia
So I've been vaping for a little over two weeks now. Found this forum a week ago, and I've been glued to the screen sucking in all the research I can. TONS of useful info on this site!

I've started with an M402 (almost wen Blue, SOOOO glad I didnt') and since I have nothing to compare it to, All I can say is "yeah, I like it". Seems to be working as labeled.

I'm having trouble, however, finding that perfect flavor. So far, I've tried the pre-filled carts with the unit, and DjarumBlack from lite-cig (forget the name of the actual company that makes them.. dango... something). I must say, there was little comparison to an actual cigarette, but it was enough to get me to stop smoking (took me a week). Since then, i JUST received three samplers from aromajuice: 555, clove, and vanilla. Again, the tastes weren't bad or anything, but nothing like areal clove or cigarette (I used to smoke Djarum Blacks/specials/vanillas). If anyone has any experience in the "finding your niche flavor" arena, I'd greatly appreciate any help. This whole vaping thing is turning out way more complicated and in depth than I would have imagined! But that's no to say it's a bad thing. I've already picked out my next PV :oops:

~Dakota

Dakota

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Kalifornia
I'll check it out on my next refill need :) Thanks! When I smoked (which was relatively recently) I either smoked Cloves or Camel's (wides, or 100s). Then again, I have a lot of buddies who smoke, so I frequently smoked Reds, Camel Crushes, and a few menthols. My favorites used to be some of the favored stuff (Vanilla mostly) which is why I smoked Vanilla cloves for a while. I was NOT a typical smoker being that I only smoked 1-5 a day, and when I went out of town or anything, I DIDN'T smoke. It's been more of a stress release during times of "I need a break, I'll be back in 5".

I have been enjoying my 402, however. I find myself using it much more often than a cigarette. I can usually only need one battery for a day at work, and I'll sometimes use a whole battery in the evening. I'm only using 11-12mg Nicotine at the moment, trying not to hook myself in too deep.

magz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Reno, NV
I agree with you, this site is f-in GREAT. I found it right before my internet took a big fat dump and started either not running at all or running at below dial up speeds, so I was glued to my computer waiting for it to work, lol. Now it's working and I can't get off here.

As far as finding good flavors, I'm working on that one myself. Been vaping with the 510 for about 2 weeks, so started with the dripping 2 weeks ago too. My suggestion is to accept that it's never going to taste just like a cigarette. Maybe I'm wrong, and there's something out there, but when I did this, it made things easier. I like vaping far more than I ever liked smoking, and at first it was a little hard to get past the fact that it didn't TASTE like a cigarette, even if it felt enough like one. But once you accept this, it'll make things much easier. And who knows, maybe you'll find something that does taste like an analog and be pleasantly surprised (or by that time, grossed out, lol).

Welcome to ECF, and good luck!

Dakota

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Kalifornia
Dekang, that's it!! :) :)

I definitely miss the smell of smoke, but i DON'T miss the smell of me smelling like smoke (if that makes sense). I rather enjoy the experience I've had with the flavors, but I don't know if it's psychological that I'm missing that smoke taste. I was thinking of just trying one or two at a time (since none of them so far taste BAD) and stop when I find my favorite. Still looking for that perfect 'clove' taste. The two that I have seem to be more geared toward 'a hint of clove' rather than CLOVE!!!! which is what I'm used to as I smoked, well, cloves. Thanks so much for the help! This site is amazing!

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
Dekang, that's it!! :) :)

I definitely miss the smell of smoke, but i DON'T miss the smell of me smelling like smoke (if that makes sense). I rather enjoy the experience I've had with the flavors, but I don't know if it's psychological that I'm missing that smoke taste. I was thinking of just trying one or two at a time (since none of them so far taste BAD) and stop when I find my favorite. Still looking for that perfect 'clove' taste. The two that I have seem to be more geared toward 'a hint of clove' rather than CLOVE!!!! which is what I'm used to as I smoked, well, cloves. Thanks so much for the help! This site is amazing!

Try www.MrsTsBakery.com I think she has the best clove in the world or www.freedomsmokeusa.com or www.vaporbomb.com they all have very good flavors, try them all (3ml) and then go from there. Or join PIF when you have 10 posts or more and go to wants/needs and post a want to taste the best clove flavoring out there and someone will send you some I am sure of it..Just a taste so you can decide for yourself.

lorizgal

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
Dakota,
Sorry I didn't say Welcome to ECF Dakota. So welcome to the ECF and hope you can stay awhile.
Read the post below and you will have alot of information on the forum. I would seriously think about getting to 10 posts by posting on this thread and others threads just to say hi. If your message is just to short, because you say welcome ad a couple or three or four ..... to the message to get it to long enough.
Your message doesn't have to be long just get all your posts up to 10 and then go to PIF under groups (you have to join) then go to wants/needs and post a want for any and all clove flavors and people will send you about 2-3 mils of clove flavors and when you find what you like, order that flavor from the vendor listed on the bottle or PM the sender and find out where it came from so you can order it.
Have fun here on the forum and you will love it.
Later
Lorizgal

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Oh no.. That must mean it will end up being that life long goal, and some day when I am 65+ years old, I will finally find it!

Or you will discover your nic level and favorite PG/VG mix, try some TV Butter Rum and Atomic Cinnacide from tastyvapor.com, RY4, DK-TAB and 555 from myfreedomsmokes.com, discover how to keep attys alive at HV, learn the "Direct Inhale" technique, reach vaping Nirvana, and walk the Earth as a Veteran Vaper.

Or maybe none of that will work for you at all, I dunno. First, you must snatch this pebble from my hand...

EDIT: Sorry, I've been participating in the "Mike Tyson vs. Bruce Lee" thread, and I guess I got a little carried away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread