Hi From Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi all

Just a quick introduction.
Im from a mid sized town in Co.Wicklow Ireland.
Im pretty new to vaping started when my brother gave me his old eleaf mini istick and an Aspire Clearomizer, using this got my off the roll ups after about a month of both.

I've recently upgraded after my mini istick fell apart, I decided on the Smok AL85 and went for the Aspire Cleito for my Atomiser
I've since added the Aspire Nautilus 2 to give me a MTL option as the Cleito is more of a Direct to lung Atty, I like both but tend to use the Nautilus when out and about and the Cleito at home.

A couple of other additions where a Royal Hunter mini dripper that I picked up on sale for €10 and I added the Cleito RTA System with 5ml tank to my original Cleito I got that in an online closing down sale €12.
All in all its been about a year since I started vaping and Ive been off the roll ups for all but a month of that.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks zoiDman I'm glad I found ECF it seems like a great resource.
and I feel so much better after coming off the roll ups.

Yeah... The ECF has a Tremendous amount of Great Information. And an Army of Friendly People willing to Help others.

Good to hear that you Feel Better after quitting smoking. It can be a Slow decline when you smoke. And you sometimes Don't Realize how much they are dragging you Down.

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
Good for you. I switched to RYO mid-twenties then quit them in 2013.
You'll really enjoy the benefits as you go along. :)

Yea I switched to the RYO because the cost of a 20 pack was getting out of control, in Ireland the current price for a pack of 20 depending on brand ranges from €9.50 at the very cheapest to €11.50, my brand was €11.00 for a pack of 20.
€11 = $11.69 at todays exchange rate.

At 30 cigarettes a day that was €115.50 a week or $122.70 in USD
and
€6006 a year or $6381.62 in USD

The RYO were much cheaper but still more expensive then vaping as they were taxed the same way as packs.

So Vaping as well as saving my lungs its seriously helping my wallet :)
and ofc my home no longer smells like a dirty ashtray, I spent a few weeks leaving all my windows and doors open to completely air out my house to get rid of any lingering tobacco smell.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Yea I switched to the RYO because the cost of a 20 pack was getting out of control, in Ireland the current price for a pack of 20 depending on brand ranges from €9.50 at the very cheapest to €11.50, my brand was €11.00 for a pack of 20.
€11 = $11.69 at todays exchange rate.
At 30 cigarettes a day that was €115.50 a week or $122.70 in USD
The RYO were much cheaper but still more expensive then vaping as they were taxed the same way as packs.

It's terrible (the 'sin' tax on cigarettes).

11.5 euros is pretty darn steep. £9.80 in £GBP.

I live with a smoker and she spends £5,300 a year on smoking. She works part time and it doesn't even pay for her habit.

It's all very sad. I remember dramatically reducing my smoking costs with RYO and imported tobacco (from holidays and business trips).

Anyway... I'm sticking with vaping for ever or if I find a way to stop. :thumb:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi all
Just a quick introduction.
Im from a mid sized town in Co.Wicklow Ireland.
Im pretty new to vaping started when my brother gave me his old eleaf mini istick and an Aspire Clearomizer, using this got my off the roll ups after about a month of both.
I've recently upgraded after my mini istick fell apart, I decided on the Smok AL85 and went for the Aspire Cleito for my Atomiser
I've since added the Aspire Nautilus 2 to give me a MTL option as the Cleito is more of a Direct to lung Atty, I like both but tend to use the Nautilus when out and about and the Cleito at home.
A couple of other additions where a Royal Hunter mini dripper that I picked up on sale for €10 and I added the Cleito RTA System with 5ml tank to my original Cleito I got that in an online closing down sale €12.
All in all its been about a year since I started vaping and Ive been off the roll ups for all but a month of that.
Welcome and glad you joined. In CA, the voters just approved a tax hike of $2.00 per pack,perhaps it's all the more good for vaping.
Might like to read:
RDA
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
Royal Hunter mini dripper that I picked up on sale for €10 --Good buy, FastTech could save you some money but the wait is a PITA.

Reactions: SK1LL

Deepwinter

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2017
Welcome and glad you joined. In CA, the voters just approved a tax hike of $2.00 per pack,perhaps it's all the more good for vaping.
Might like to read:
RDA
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
Royal Hunter mini dripper that I picked up on sale for €10 --Good buy, FastTech could save you some money but the wait is a PITA.
Thanks for all the resources BrotherBob its very much appreciated.

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread