Hi I’m Tom and I’m a Bottom Feeder! I'm Also Ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
After 3 days on my VV Bogger Box Bottom Feeder The vapes are massive and flavorfull with the Empire Bridgeless Atty, I'm a believer. . I feel like I've discovered vaping all over again. The Bottom method of filling is intuitive and easy to learn. I don't even have to think about it.

Bottom feeding has ruined me for any other type of vaping. Sigh… my biggest problem right now is I can't decide what to do with my Provari, New Zmax and New Itaste MVP,.

So here is my story.
4 years ago when I began vaping the common setup was a Atomizer and you plugged the cartridge filled with fiberfill into it. Some figured out that the purest taste was just dripping directly on the Atomizer. Forget the fiberfill. I tried it but it didn't work out it was too tricky and labor intensive.
Than vaping evolved and they made Cartomizers where the wire is embedded throughout the foam. I promptly switched to Cartomizers. Many didn't like cartomizers because you had to keep the foam wet. And some think the foam is nasty, So they invented Clearomizers, which I promptly switched to.
There is one last frontier that I never investigated because of it's high cost and my pigheadedness about trying something new, and that is Bottom Feeders.

The bottom feeder was developed 2 or 3 years ago to provide the flavor of dripping conveniently. Simply you squeeze a Plastic Bottle located on the bottom of the APV and it sends liquid into the atomizer from below. This is contrasted to dropping drops on the top.

The most famous of the bottom feeders is the Reo Grande Series. The Reo Grandes are priced from $145.00 to $195.00 for the aluminum versions which appears mass produced [ very pricy]. A new bottom feeder gaining traction is the vapage Vmod. It's priced around the $100.00 mark but if you wait you can get it with a 50% coupon in the $50s or 60s. They don't have a VV model yet.

A week ago I chose the VV Bogger Box it's a VV 3V to 7V device with a 5 Amp switch. It's hand crafted out of wood and less expensive than the Reo Grande VV. Also it's made in America with a 1 Year Warranty. The Reo Grande VV only has 6 months on the electronics [Shows the confidence level]

To those interested in the VV Bogger Box I did a review earlier today Click Here

Unfortunately or fortunately Marcus shipped on Saturday and the Box arrived on Monday. I had a pair of 2 18350 batteries, so I drove 25 miles to the nearest smoke shop and bought an Boge 2.5 Atomizer. The following day the Empire 1.8 Bridgeless 510 arrived. While the Boge was good the Empire 1.8 is fantastic.

Many of my worries about Bottom Feeding were alleviated with the Bridgeless model. It's forgiving you can over fill it and the liquid just drips back into the built in cup on my APV. Bottom feeding is very convenient , not messy at all and provides the tastiest vape imaginable.

Hi I'm Tom and I'm a bottom feeder and I'm ruined!

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The problem is
1. The Provari is super Trustworthy and I like having it as a backup
2. The Zmax accepts the 18350 batteries that I use in the Bogger Box so it's a convenient Battery Tester. I have a multimeter but it's easier to pop it into the Zmax. Plus it will do extreme vaping.
3. The MVP goes for 2 1/2 days on a charge and charges with a regular Cel Charger. Great for a trip. Also the MVP is so elegant.

So for different reasons I don't want to get rid of any of them!
I just picked up a drip shield from Empire so I can drip on these devices. But I'm not sure what good that will do.

I just know they are going to gather cobwebs. Sigh...

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
3 centimeters thick? That's good! Tiny for a box the whole measurements. I will read more about the VV. some use a little screw driver. See if it's same. Thank you for getting back. I kept checking then was going to PM you
I opened the site and the first thing I see are the dang measurements. Says 1 15/16" for thickness so maybe we are not communicating. That's more like 5 cm. but I got the measurements on the site page now. Psssht

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
3 centimeters thick? That's good! Tiny for a box the whole measurements. I will read more about the VV. some use a little screw driver. See if it's same. Thank you for getting back. I kept checking then was going to PM you
I opened the site and the first thing I see are the dang measurements. Says 1 15/16" for thickness so maybe we are not communicating. That's more like 5 cm. but I got the measurements on the site page now. Psssht

I was very careful and don't believe I've deviated by more than 1mm, below are photos, remember the camera distorts a little so the figures above are more accurate

Thick
Bogger_Thick.jpg
Wide
Bogger_wide.jpg
Tall
Bogger_Tall.jpg

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I found your review. So I'll check back re battery drain stuff....why would that happen I wonder. I'm trying to be careful. I don't mind screwdriver settings volts because I keep them same most the time. 4.5 -ish. That could change. And would want it for strictly bottom feeding...love the botton position.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
In hindsight I don't feel like my posts were appropriate. Do you mind if I edit them?

You were just playing with me. I designed the byline to mimick the I'm a Alcoholic. Figured it was catchy.
Nope I'm not a Alcoholic just a Bottom Feeding Fool.

That's cool, NP

Last edited:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
That's so cool you have converted so enthusiastically to the bottom feeding system! I have too! Only mine is a Vmod. I am so happy it's crazy. In time maybe I'll be able to swing a Bogger Box, but to tell the truth, I'm so ecstatic with my Vmod...I'm not really in any hurry.

My other APVs (and I have a pretty nice collection) are gathering dust atm. I'm all about my bottom feeding Vmod now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread