Hi! I'm a Newb!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaddy1981

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
South Bend, IN
I have spent the last few days reading on and off here and it seems that everybody is awesome and informative here, loving the positive energy!

With that being said I have spent the last 6 weeks converting to ecigs from a 15 year old pack a day habit. Good news is last 4 weeks I have been without a cig. These are what I'm currently using EZ-Cig - Disposables, but at $8 dollars a piece and last about 1-2 days. I'm not saving any money than my previous smoking habit and through out the day they get weaker as the battery discharges. Up until this point they were well worth it, they did the job and helped me quit. I'm ready to move on to better though!

I'm looking for a set up that's about the same size as them though for work, 5" or less length and width of a cig.

For home I would like to get a set up that will perform better. would this work well? eGo Twist 900 mAh CE4 Starter Kit

Can someone give me some good suggestions for both?

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Welcome to ECF!!!
I have no info on the cig-a-likes and I use a joyetech eGo Twist when I'm out of the house. This is a better kit as it has name brands and all you need for a back up set: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm
Pick up a few more clearomizers or get one that has replaceable heads and you're set to go for home use.

There are people here that use the cig-a-likes and like them. Maybe they will chime in here.
Good luck!!

Choc_Addic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Caldicote tunnel

Chaddy1981

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
South Bend, IN
Thanks guys for the Quick responses!

Check this out for a good starter kit. https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004998/1390605-evod-6-in-1-rechargeable-1300mah-electronic
Add some good eliquid and you are set for a while.

For a Cig-A-Like, there is really no good system that I can suggest as all that I tried did not work well for me. They are soo so expensive for what you get.

I have no problem taking the EGO kit out with me but I understand that you may not.

Good luck and congrads on quitting.

Choc_Addic Thanks for your response.. I'm going to purchase the one you linked to start. Anything else I need or reccomend getting for it?

pwillco

Aug 13, 2013
United States
I used N-joy cigalike disposables for only two days, and knew I need something better!

I now have an ego style system, Kangertech Evod. It is pretty good for home use. Quality tanks and parts, but be careful to avoid knock-offs of this popular system. Some people have no problem with the knock-off products, though, and they are a little cheaper than brand name.

Looke for sales on vendor websites, i have only ordered from american vendors, like discountvapers and vape dojo. I have not ordered from places like fasttech in China, because shipping takes like two weeks. I bought my first kit locally at a vape shop, at a good price, but I think they might have been selling knock-off evod batteries, because one fritzed out on me. I bought a second set (on sale) online from Vape dojo, and it came in a real Kangertech box in two days, and the batteries are better quality, plus a better quality charger.

I can recommend the evod system, the tanks are easy to fill and change the atomizer coils (be sure to get a supply of replaceable coils for these). The glass tanks are very nice, be sure to get ones like the "Pro Tank II" or "Mini Pro Tank II", which do not use glue to hold them together. I have a few Kanger "Mini ProTank I" tanks that uses glue, and one came unglued. I just used superglue to fix it, but I would not get a glass tank again that uses glue to keep it together. But the regular plastic Evod tanks work very well themselves.

Besides vaping, I also found out about Swedish snus in the "smoking alternatives / smokeless tobacco" section of this website, and have been using snus for several weeks. It is very helpful to use besides the e-cig, it delivers the nicotine very well, and it is very discreet. And very cheap! I only have used General snus, which is the only brand available in stores in my area. I have not wanted to smoke since using both the e-cig and snus.

Last edited:

Chaddy1981

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
South Bend, IN
Looke for sales on vendor websites, i have only ordered from american vendors, like discountvapers and vape dojo. I have not ordered from places like fasttech in China, because shipping takes like two weeks. I bought my first kit locally at a vape shop, at a good price, but I think they might have been selling knock-off evod batteries, because one fritzed out on me. I bought a second set (on sale) online from Vape dojo, and it came in a real Kangertech box in two days, and the batteries are better quality, plus a better quality charger.

Didn't realize it was a China website! thanks for seeing that... I might buy it just for a back up or something. But, need to find one I can get this week. I will look into the kangertech. Thanks!

Chaddy1981

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
South Bend, IN
Okay so I just made my order!!!

2-kanger mini pro tanks

Vision spinner 1300mah
Ego mini 35omah
Kanger evod 650mah

Pretty excited!

I do have one more question, my plans are to use the 350mah and 650mah for at work. Can I use cartomizers on these? I'm wanting as small as possible for work. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread