Status
Not open for further replies.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Hi, im new here. I have a vapor x with a clear tank. I was wondering why my tanks for my lava won't fit my vapor x. I've only been vaping for a couple months and I just love it! I need some help from people who know! Thsnks everyone

Awww, hi Lori, I've never heard of them either, I'll sit with you & hold your hand while we wait for someone smarter tho' :)

mace bewley

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2009
    Rogers AR
    HI Lori! I assume that when you say a Vapor X it is the one listed HERE?
    If so it is cause it has 601 threads as opposed to the 510 threads on your LavaTube, But you should be able to use Ego style clearomizers...... Not sure if they make a 601 to 510 adapter. Hope that helps.....

Option 2I believe is what you are looking for.....

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    USA
    Hi Lori, welcome to the forum. Don't have your battery myself, but a quick check shows that it is not a 510 or ego thread connection, so most toppers are not going to work on it, though you can find some that do. I realize you are not asking for any equipment recommendations (yet), but I wanted to share some entry level batteries with you that you might like. Each of these entry level eGo style batteries have variable voltage (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary):

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-VV-3.0-Variable-Wattage-Device-Pearl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
    2. SLB KGO VV - http://www.hoosierecig.com/Mega-KGO-VV-1200mAh-3-6v-_p_441.html (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
    3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
    4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
    5. Smoktech Winder - Smok eGo Winder 900mAh Variable Volt Battery (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Best Starter Combo kit out there, imho, provides two batteries, i.e., the twist and/or spinner, and two toppers, i.e., the eVod and/or MT3s, among others: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm.

Recommend one eVod and one MT3s topper with one Spinner and one Twist to start. This way you get four different products with the kit and allowing you to experience four different setups, as you figure out your preferences and what works best for you. BTW, you can spend less and get a fixed voltage battery, but you'll have much less vape flexibility and it won't be long before you'll want to upgrade to variable voltage, more than likely, and the difference initially is only a few dollars per battery anyway.

Anyway, my :2c:. Happy vaping, shopping, good luck, welcome aboard, etc. Vape On!

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    HI Lori! I assume that when you say a Vapor X it is the one listed HERE?
    If so it is cause it has 601 threads as opposed to the 510 threads on your LavaTube, But you should be able to use Ego style clearomizers...... Not sure if they make a 601 to 510 adapter. Hope that helps.....

Option 2I believe is what you are looking for.....

Hey Mace! Another ArKy here , and a member of the Natural State Vaper's on FB:)
    Nice to meet you on here, wow, small world:laugh:

cvedrick

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 13, 2013
    League City, Texas
    I have been vaping for about 5 weeks now, loads of research and I gotta say I prety much agree with billbeck, If I had to start out from scratch I would get one of the vapor store combo kits.

I would get vision spinners and evod clearomizers. although I admit freely if you are willing to give up some run time the 650ma batteries are somewhat smaller lengthwise.

One of my main reasons for the spinners is the fact that they can be turned up so that you are getting enough vapor without sucking liquid into the breathing tube.

Another thing I would do is spend some time researching pg vs vg percentages in bottom wick tanks, some folks think higher pg works better but by the same token, it is also stated that higher vg gives a smoother vape.

My best advise for newbies is to get the smallest possible bottles of your e-liquid at first and do NOT assume that if you have been smoking tobacco for ??? years that you will like the tobacco flavored e-liquids. Out of the 4 I have tried, they all taste like either cheap, stale cigars or dirty ashtrays.

Have also found that most fruit flavors are so mold in my evod that I really dont get more than an aftertaste.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread