High capacity 10A button-top battery for Atlantis on Mech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopkins82

Jun 21, 2014
United States
Mostly out of laziness, an Aspire Atlantis on an 18650 mech mod has become my go-to day-to-day vape. I've been using it with eFest 35A 2500mah (rebranded LG HE2) cells which I use with my RDAs, but I'm hoping I can find some reasonably priced cells that can get me more time between charge at the cost of current headroom.

Also, I'd like to find something that meets the above requirement AND is button-top... I'd like to use the Atlantis on my 4nine clone but need a button-top battery to prevent shorting. Right now I'm using the Atlantis on a GP Paps or Nemesis clone.

Can anyone recommend something with ~10A constant capability but with higher capacity, hopefully near ~3000mAh or better? Maybe Panasonic NCR18650PF or Sony US18650NC1? Or would the capacity increase be marginal enough to just stick with eFest/HE2s and have a pool of batteries I can use for both Atlantis and rda?

Thanks in advance!

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
As said, regulated power is the way to go. I use many different mah 18650's but you are limited by the resistance in the case of the Atlantis where a fully charged cell will start out close to 30watts and quickly fall from there on toward 20 watts. With regulated power you take control and maximise the Atlantis' potential over 30 watts!!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Mostly out of laziness, an Aspire Atlantis on an 18650 mech mod has become my go-to day-to-day vape. I've been using it with eFest 35A 2500mah (rebranded LG HE2) cells which I use with my RDAs, but I'm hoping I can find some reasonably priced cells that can get me more time between charge at the cost of current headroom.

Also, I'd like to find something that meets the above requirement AND is button-top... I'd like to use the Atlantis on my 4nine clone but need a button-top battery to prevent shorting. Right now I'm using the Atlantis on a GP Paps or Nemesis clone.

Can anyone recommend something with ~10A constant capability but with higher capacity, hopefully near ~3000mAh or better? Maybe Panasonic NCR18650PF or Sony US18650NC1? Or would the capacity increase be marginal enough to just stick with eFest/HE2s and have a pool of batteries I can use for both Atlantis and RDA?

Here's a chart for LG ICR18650HE2, Panasonic NCR18650PF, Panasonic NCR18650B (3400 mAh, 6.8A), Sony US18650NC1 and Samsung SDI INR18650-25R. Make sure the button for 5A is clicked. At 0.5 ohms you'll be on average between 7-8 amps, but this site doesn't go over 5A.

As you can see the HE2 2500 mAh and 25R 2500 mAh win down to about 3.15V with the 25R being the best between the two by a slight margin. The chart shows volts under load. These two batteries in a typical mech mod at 0.5 ohms will deliver about 0.4V less under load than at rest, so 3.7v is about 3.3v under load. I expect these two would do even better than the rest at higher amp rates.

You can get the Samsung 25R at Illumination Supply for $6 each. Illumn is a trusted, good, battery supplier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread