high ohm dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinmura

May 6, 2014
Romania
hey guys!
i see everybody dripping usually on a sub ohm coil
i want to buy a dripper for the flavor but i don't have a mechanical mod. i have an mvp and i can go as low as 1.5 ohms safely.
i'm not into cloud chasing at all. i want flavor, a little bit of throat hit and clouds come last.
can i get good flavor on a 1.5-1.8 ohm microcoil with cotton or do i need to get a mech and build lower coils?

Jeffk123

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Denton, Tx
I always stayed above 1ohm on most of my rda builds because my diy juice loses alot of flavor with the heat sub ohm coils produce and I am always happy with the flavor/heat from my atties. A smaller dripper does kinda help with concetrating the flavor and throat hit like the atomic or even the quasar has a small chamber. In fact I have a 1.3ohm coil in my reomizer and its a treat

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
Last dual coil build I did on my dripper I plucked for 1.1 (normally aim for around 0.8)

Tastes better (to me) and I may continue at this level.

It's all down to you really, what you prefer etc.

Why not pick up a cheap dripper and throw some 1.5 ohm coils in and see how it works? - if you like it, the real deal isn't a risky investment etc.

I love the simplicity of drippers, it's certainly not the case that you "have" to sub ohm on them.

DeliciousClouds

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Nijmegen, Netherlands
The igo series are good attys I have a few the w and the w3 the only con is I have to drill out the air holes but thats easy peasy
Do dripping atomizers hold more drops before they flood? I've tried a bit of dripping on my Protank Mini 3 and the taste and vapor production are great, but it'll flood with more than 2 drops at a time.

twassell

Verified Member
Mar 2, 2014
Morgantown, WV
I always stayed above 1ohm on most of my rda builds because my diy juice loses alot of flavor with the heat sub ohm coils produce and I am always happy with the flavor/heat from my atties. A smaller dripper does kinda help with concetrating the flavor and throat hit like the atomic or even the quasar has a small chamber. In fact I have a 1.3ohm coil in my reomizer and its a treat

I usually try to aim for 1.3 - 1.5 ish, and when I do this I can load the atomizer onto my lavatube and crank it up to 15 watts and kaboom.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I got a tobh, and my first pair of coils were hurricane coil I wrapped myself at a total of 0.9 ohms. They vaped like champs, and I regret removing them (I was tempted by the sub ohm way of the force...)

As far as drippers go, I'd go with a Tobh personally. Top cap is removable, and serves as a heat sink so your mouthpiece doesnt get as hot, its a tipple post setup which is ideal for dual coils (though theyre built like crazy so you could even go nuts and quad coil it), has a good sized drip well, and the clones are very affordable.

As far as the coils, I prefer ribbon wire. its the only thing I can get working if I wrap my own coils and it works great for my tastes. Though if youre aiming for like 1.5 ohms to use on the mvp, I'd probably do duals in 28 or 30 gauge... my 2 cents anyways.

DeliciousClouds

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Nijmegen, Netherlands
how do you drip on protank? do you drip into the resistance and get the vapor through the chimney ?

edit: don't do that it burns
The tip it comes with is suitable for dripping directly into the airhole to the coil. But yeah, the tank is not made with real dripping in mind.

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
I started dripping on an MVP and an IGO-L. It is a great learning platform. Dual coils are not very realistic on a regulated mod, so the big deck and single coil design make it very easy to learn. You can pick them up most anywhere for under $20. Get yourself some 28 or 30 ga kanthal and read a bunch (or YouTube is your friend). You will be dripping away in no time.

StrafeMalone

May 8, 2014
Hutchinson KS
Ok, I am not advocating that anyone should do this, but I have gone as low as .9 ohms on my MVP and it fired. I set my watts for 7.5 this allowed to to fire under its 3 amp limit. I did this for only one night though. The lowest most people say to go on an MVP is 1.2 ohms which you can set for 10 watts and get a decent vape.

Edit to answer your question: You can get some good flavor dripping on a MVP, just set your watts high and you are good to go. Any resistance higher then 1.3 and you can set your watts for 11 and be fine.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
hey guys!
i see everybody dripping usually on a sub ohm coil
i want to buy a dripper for the flavor but i don't have a mechanical mod. i have an mvp and i can go as low as 1.5 ohms safely.
i'm not into cloud chasing at all. i want flavor, a little bit of throat hit and clouds come last.
can i get good flavor on a 1.5-1.8 ohm microcoil with cotton or do i need to get a mech and build lower coils?

I would stay with the smaller drippers. The IGO-S, Cyclone, and this style RDA from Fasttech which I think is an Octopus clone, all come to mind. There is also the Vision Eternity which can be dripped into or used with a 1 ml tank. You may have to drill out the air holes in these a bit, but don't go too big or you'll lose flavor. Small steps at a time.

I would not try a IGO-L or anything that size or bigger.

You have 11 watts and 5 volts to work with. I would setup between 1.8 - 2.0 ohms. Lower resistance is not IMO going to give you anything better. You're setting power with the MVP. Stay below 2.2 ohms or you'll lose some of that 11 watts.

Good luck with it :)

militiascene

ECF Veteran
I drip on sub-ohm all day everyday and have no loss of flavor. I just built a dual ~0.15 ohm microcoil setup using my own DIY juice and it still tastes great. Not including any voltage drop(because I haven't measured on my M16 clone (silver coated contacts) w/ Stillare RDA (Gold plated posts); the estimated drop under load though is only around 0.15-0.20 V drop under load with an IGO-L), a full battery pushes out over 117 watts! That's a 28A draw which works fine with my VTC5's.
I get great flavor, good smooth throat hit, and good clouds. I tried to use my old MVP2 and even with a 1.5 ohm single coil build on my IGO-W, it does nothing for me. I can never go back to lower power hits or regulated mods. My next buy is a 26650 mod with a 28mm RDA.

Domkayfunimous

Jun 22, 2014
Ga
Been playing with my first RDA for a week now and have used single and dual coils down to .5 ohm and it's a real treat.

My Kayfuns all have a 1.0 ohm build and the flavor is great, but with the RDA the increase in smoke seems to bring MORE flavor.

Got to try a friends 26650 mod with a large RDA pushing .3 ohm and the flavor was unreal, smoke was too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread