Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
I don't have one (yet), but it's close to wishlist status. I watched a video as I was researching it, IIRC isn't there an adjustment for the center pin? I know some people in the Provari subforum have Hippos and like them. If I can find the video, I'll post it for you.

ETA: I think this thread has the video, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/466657-hippo-v2-arrived.html

Last edited:

genevieve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Los Angeles
I have had similar problems with my hippo + provari. I remove the carto/tank and reattach it, then it will fire. It may take a couple times. Also, I've found that if my volts are set too high for the resistance of the tank, I have to adjust it, or it won't fire. (I.e. trying to fire a 2.4 ohm @ 3.2 v)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

Hi Guys,

First post here! I also got a Hippo v2 and mounted it on my Provari. Boy was I disappointed at first! I use just regular boge 510 cartos and a Phiniac tank. Was running into the same problem where the thing wouldn't fire at all.

I didn't know what everyone was talking about with trying to screw the pin to adjust it. I don't think it's meant to be screwed, as mine is just a simple push or pull adjustment. What I think might need to be done here is pulling the connector a little further out of your carto. If you've watched some of Busardo's videos, he's done that to get a better connection on deep sockets. So I took my mini screwdriver and wiggled the connection a little further out so it's not sitting flush on the carto any longer. It sticks out just ever so slightly.

BUT slapped the thing on and fired it up and works well. Problem solved. Now some might say "well, we shouldn't have to do that", but for me it's a small fix that took 10 seconds, and works relatively well.

Thx!

genevieve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Los Angeles
Uh 2.4 ohms can take more than 3.2 volts. Even my 2.8 heads on my vivi will fire at 3.2 volts. A rwally sucky vape but it works.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I'm well aware that 2.4 ohms CAN take more than 3.2 volts. I've just found that sometimes, when my provari won't fire on my higher-ohm builds, it will if I increase the volts. All of that is history now, cuz I can't get my provari to fire AT ALL with the hippo on now. I have the Hippo v1....has anyone found a resolution? Can someone suggest one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread