Homemade Box Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been vaping for a couple months now. Currently using a K100 with dual coils on an Igo-W and I love it. Lately I've been seeing videos and posts about homemade box mods. I really like the look on a simple 18650 Black box mod. Anyone have a tutorial I can see to learn exactly what to get to make a mod like this and how to do it? Thanks!

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
3 home made WoodChucks made by a good friend. Plenty of tutorials and kits to make them out of plastic.

http://www.foxyboxmods.com/

woodchchucktrio__Small_.jpg

woodchuckopen__Small_.jpg

Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
I've been vaping for a couple months now. Currently using a K100 with dual coils on an Igo-W and I love it. Lately I've been seeing videos and posts about homemade box mods. I really like the look on a simple 18650 Black box mod. Anyone have a tutorial I can see to learn exactly what to get to make a mod like this and how to do it? Thanks!

Have you had any success?

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
I wish there was some way I could enjoy box mods. They seem so nice but they're so ugly, I mean I like the wood but the 1 side with the tip and the button is just soo uneven. And it reminds me of a pack of smokes with 1 sticking out the top. Somebody needs to create an inline 18350mod with a bottle built in. Like a sexy wooden cigar.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
So you want a wooden, bottom fed, tube mod.
That would make for a hell of a long device.
If bottom feed is not important, contact JR Custom Turning. JR Custom Turnings I can't find them on their website but at Vapecan, they were showing a line of devices with exotic wood tubes and brass end caps. All parts were turned in-house and look great.
Busardo was looking at them at about 21min mark of his coverage of Vapecan A PBusardo Video - VapeCan 2013 & Contest Winner - YouTube

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Fourtytwo, it wouldn't be so long with just an 18350 battery and a 3ml juice bottle or maybe 6ml. Just set it up with the battery/contacts/button up top and drill a tiny hole through the wooden housing that you could feed a small tube through. Then you could store the bottle on the bottom of the mod and just give the cap a twist to change/refill the bottle.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

If you are going to make your own, you should make the Puck and use regular rechargeable "AA" or "AAA" batteries.
<------This is one of mine....

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
I wish there was some way I could enjoy box mods. They seem so nice but they're so ugly, I mean I like the wood but the 1 side with the tip and the button is just soo uneven. And it reminds me of a pack of smokes with 1 sticking out the top. Somebody needs to create an inline 18350mod with a bottle built in. Like a sexy wooden cigar.

Different people different taste I guess. Tube mods are ok I own ONE but I feel like Im sucking on a pipe bomb no matter what size. Now I now they can be good liking when wood is added especially stabilized wood which I know a lot about. https://store-549f5.mybigcommerce.com/lewis-gentry-wood-mods/

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Thing is that you can make a box mod as simple or as fancy/complicated as you want.
    One of my favorite PV's is a box I made right after I started vaping. It cost me all of $2.20, and took about 20 minutes to make.
    P1000474.jpg

P1000478.jpg

I've also made a couple using an OKR T6 regulator. Based on this Mamu design.

http://www.howder.com/dena_howto.pdf

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread