Hopefully successful quitting analogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my 2nd day with no analogs. I have been smoking off and on for 23 years. Way to long. I needed help quiting so I tried the ego. I have great flavors. It has helped. I am still craving the actual act of smoking a cigarette. I am trying to stay strong for my health. I want to show my eleven year old daughter that I can do this. I am having some withdrawal symptoms I guess. I am tired, sweating, not sleeping well, and coughing some. I have congestion today. I had some body aches yesterday. Is this normal?

zanestone

Aug 21, 2013
Memphis, TN
Welcome and Congrats!
Many folks have described similar symptoms upon making the switch. It should clear up soon(within 10 days seems the norm).

I had smokers cough due to my 20+ years of smoking, but within 10 days realized that I did not cough anymore.

I have been analog free for over two months now and am very happy I finally found a way to quit smoking.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi, welcome to ECF and congrats. Withdrawal from tobacco will do weird things to your body for the first 2 weeks. Just realize a few yrs down the road you'll be able to watch your little one grow up and even better watch your grandkids grow up.
Best of Luck :thumbs:

Just remember to drink lottsa water as vaping is very dehydrating.

I have never had withdrawals like this before. I have wonderful friends who fuss at me for smoking stinky nasty analogs. I am pretty healthy but this past winter ended up with the flu and it took a month and a case of pleurisy before it was gone. I believe smoking made my body not heal. Time for a change.

Today is my 2nd day with no analogs. I have been smoking off and on for 23 years. Way to long. I needed help quiting so I tried the ego. I have great flavors. It has helped. I am still craving the actual act of smoking a cigarette. I am trying to stay strong for my health. I want to show my eleven year old daughter that I can do this. I am having some withdrawal symptoms I guess. I am tired, sweating, not sleeping well, and coughing some. I have congestion today. I had some body aches yesterday. Is this normal?

Hi, welcome to ECF and congrats. Withdrawal from tobacco will do weird things to your body for the first 2 weeks. Just realize a few yrs down the road you'll be able to watch your little one grow up and even better watch your grandkids grow up.
Best of Luck :thumbs:

Just remember to drink lottsa water as vaping is very dehydrating.

it takes will power..alot of it!! good thing you have flavors you like, just don't go to high on nic or pg right now and you might cough less!

Berner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Niskayuna,NY,USA
Congratulations and welcome to ECF! Remember not to beat yourself up if you slip and have an analog. Many people myself included start out both vaping and smoking and gradually wean off analogs altogether. If you find yourself having strong cravings despite vaping you should consider using a higher nic concentration in your vape. Best of luck to you.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I am tired, sweating, not sleeping well, and coughing some. I have congestion today. I had some body aches yesterday. Is this normal?
Nicotine can be both a stimulant and/ or a relaxant. When I first began I had many sleepless nights until Vets recommended I switch to a lower mg in the evening. In regards to congestion the chems from tobacco cover the lung cilia in tar and paralyze them (fact). The good news is the cilia begin to recover within 2 days of quitting smoking...our bodies are simply amazing but sometimes we have to help it along a bit.

Don't discount the fact that you may have a virus-so it goes with children and a new school year! If you feel they are symptoms related to your transition to vaping, browse this forum - I've found answers to anything and everything here. Some information you may want to bookmark for future reference! Keep in mind the psychological reality smoking cigarettes has on us. Self-encourage that you no longer want any of the effects of cigarettes! Have on hand some of your favorite flavors of e juice with different nicotine strengths. Be proud you are choosing to be a healthier parent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread