Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
So after a few seconds of pressing down on the button, i will get hot e liquid on my lips that feels like little sparks, very unpleasant. Wondering what im doing wrong. Iv got an aspire elite kit, usin the 1 ohm atomizer and 20 watts. Issue doesnt happen with 15- watts but i dont really get much smoke either.
Disregarding wire gauge and coil count (variables which has a substantial effect on coil radiant temperature)... the Ohm's law parity value wattage for a 1.0Ω resistance at 4.2v is 17.7 watts.
At that wattage, and assuming a single coil build... if the wire used is 28 gauge or thinner, the heat flux (coil radiant heat value) is 320 mW/mm² or more. If the wire gauge is 27 or thicker, the HF is 226 mW/mm² or less.

Although exceeding 300 mW/mm² is not uncommon, randomly observed samples would indicate that most clearo type tank users using "above ohm" resistance... will run in the 150 to 250 mW/mm² (moderate temperatures) range.

What all that means is... 18 watts or less is probably a better way to go... that or get a screened or baffled drip tip. ;)

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
So after a few seconds of pressing down on the button, i will get hot e liquid on my lips that feels like little sparks, very unpleasant. Wondering what im doing wrong. Iv got an aspire elite kit, usin the 1 ohm atomizer and 20 watts. Issue doesnt happen with 15- watts but i dont really get much smoke either.

Given the atlantis heads are built for large amount/fast wicking you may try moving up to the next larger airhole, the tighter the airflow/draw the more vacuum that's generated with each puff and therefore more juice drawn into the coil, the coil could be slightly flooding causing excess spitback.

The atlantis also has a pretty large bore drip-tip, so you could always consider replacing the drip-tip on the tank to one with a smaller bore/longer length, or even a baffled (mentioned above) to help reduce the spitback.

It also could be condensation buildup in the chimney, as mentioned above.

Best of luck!

Reactions: State O' Flux

dwhoneil

Jun 3, 2015
So with 15 watts and slower, gentler inhales i get more throat hit surprisingly, less dense/large clouds unsurprisingly, and the little pops of hot liquid still happen, although a bit less, leading me to believe its moisture in the chimney. Does this happen when you refill the tank and get some in the middle bit? Or is it moisture from continuous use

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I definitely do see condensation in the chimney, is there any way to prevent this? Or a good way of getting rid of it? Il try 17 watts, it happens now matter what airflow setting i have

No way to prevent condensation that I'm aware of. It's a common and natural phenomenon.

You could use a drip tip which is longer or has a baffle design to catch the condensation before it reaches your mouth:

knucklehead-tip-2.jpg
Knucklehead drip tip

longbarreldt.jpg
long drip tips

Reactions: tj99959

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    A little crackle & pop from an atty simply means that it's working right. So it's a good thing, it's just not suppose to hit your mouth.

Back in the day we had a simple solution for this.
    P1000760_zps1e4925c0.jpg

However in todays world most don't even know what an atomizer bridge even is, let alone have one to use.

The U shaped metal piece
    Picture15.jpg

See how the bridge would prevent the spiting from getting up to your mouth when using an old style atty?

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

adjust the power downward.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread