Not open for further replies.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
I'm curious as to how to get a warm vape? I went to a mom and pop vape shop the other day and the owner said to try clearomizers with the wick on the top. He says the closer to the top, the warmer the vape. So, I bought one from him. Thing is, it wasn't a warm vape. It works nice for the flavors I don't want a warm vape for, but I love my chocolate warm as it reminds me of hot cocoa.

So, if wicks towards the top doesn't work, what will? I've just ordered an iTaste MVP and a Kanger Protank. I plan on getting the iClear 16 or 30, soon. Will a variable voltage battery, like the MVP help? I know I've been around ECF for a while (took a short break because I had to give up nicotine for surgery not too long ago), but I've stuck to Smokeless Image's Volts and nothing they have creates a warm vape. At least, nothing that I've ordered from them. I am currently using my eGo-T battery with my new clearomizer on it.

Also, where can I learn more about variable voltage? I know, pretty sad, I've ordered an APR and I know nothing about variable voltage. Don't worry, I'm not going to turn up the voltage on it until I learn more. ;)

Thanks in advance! :)

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I love a warmer vape. I use LR cartos, 2.0 ohm, on a variable voltage device at around 4.6 volts. Nice warm vape! If the carto is good and broken in, I crank it up to 5.0volts sometimes. That makes for a toasty vape!

In terms of your clearos, look for something with lower resistance (2.0 or 2.4 ohm) and you can probably crank up the volts on the MVP to the middle 4.4-4.8 range and not get a burnt taste but still get a warm vape. Variable voltage is the best way to get a warm vape.

Some peeps insist that you have to use a 3.0 ohm or above clearo or carto on a variable voltage device. You do not need to do that. You can use low res, and I believe that is the only way to get a warmer vape.

Good luck! You will love the MVP. I really like mine. :)

Forgot to add....there is a variable voltage sub forum on here. I am sure there is a sticky on there to learn about variable voltage. Really, the think you have to know is start at low volts and go up in step by step increments until you find the voltage you like. It varies for everyone. Some like 4.0 volts, others like 6.0 volts. I prefer 4.5-4.6. It is really a personal preference. If you have low res clearos or cartos, start at 4.0 volts and go up. If you have 3.0 ohm clearos or cartos, then start at 4.5 or 4.6 and go up. You will find your sweet spot! :)

Last edited:

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Thanks! I was thinking a VV would help! I'll have to copy your post so I can refer to it again! I have such a hard time remembering things...lol!

I love a warmer vape. I use LR cartos, 2.0 ohm, on a variable voltage device at around 4.6 volts. Nice warm vape! If the carto is good and broken in, I crank it up to 5.0volts sometimes. That makes for a toasty vape!

In terms of your clearos, look for something with lower resistance (2.0 or 2.4 ohm) and you can probably crank up the volts on the MVP to the middle 4.4-4.8 range and not get a burnt taste but still get a warm vape. Variable voltage is the best way to get a warm vape.

Some peeps insist that you have to use a 3.0 ohm or above clearo or carto on a variable voltage device. You do not need to do that. You can use low res, and I believe that is the only way to get a warmer vape.

Good luck! You will love the MVP. I really like mine. :)

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
Also have an MVP. They're lovely!

Top coils do help; the shop owner isn't pulling your leg. If you ever have the same juice in a bottom and top-coil clearo at the same time, the difference is noticeable.

Upping the voltage will definitely get you a warmer vape. Google "e-cig voltage chart" and check one out. For the resistance of what you're using, you want to aim for the upper end of the "safe" voltage range. Less voltage (for me, but I don't think I'm imagining it) gives me cool, smooth, flavorful vapor. Higher voltage gives warm vapor with stronger throat hit, but in my experience weaker flavor as well.

So, you're on the right track, with a top coil and a VV device.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
If you bought the full MVP kit, it comes with 2 iclear16 dual coil clearos, which are top coils and they are a warm, tight draw. The Protank can give you a warm vape if you remove a single flavor wick; you just have to get used to the metal mouthpiece.

If you like the iclear16s that come with the MVP, then you'll love the iclear30, which is the same dual coils, but the tank holds more juice.

The MVP and iclear16 is a great set-up.

Dad2daBone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Warmest vape I've found is from mechanical & sub ohm duel coils in a rba or rda. You can make it happen for pretty cheap. Or treat yourself to something nice, from all the money your saving from ciggy's.

I'm really falling in love with rda's because they're pocket friendly vs rba's.

Totally agree!

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Thanks. Found a couple of charts and downloaded them. :)

Also have an MVP. They're lovely!

Top coils do help; the shop owner isn't pulling your leg. If you ever have the same juice in a bottom and top-coil clearo at the same time, the difference is noticeable.

Upping the voltage will definitely get you a warmer vape. Google "e-cig voltage chart" and check one out. For the resistance of what you're using, you want to aim for the upper end of the "safe" voltage range. Less voltage (for me, but I don't think I'm imagining it) gives me cool, smooth, flavorful vapor. Higher voltage gives warm vapor with stronger throat hit, but in my experience weaker flavor as well.

So, you're on the right track, with a top coil and a VV device.

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Okay, the kit described the clearos as Innokin dual coil CE5's but a quick Google search showed the are the Innokin iClear 16's. Sounds like they'll be perfect for me, as I hate an airy draw! My husband is getting an iClear 30 for his Vamo V2. I'm eyeballing one for myself. Thanks! :)

If you bought the full MVP kit, it comes with 2 iclear16 dual coil clearos, which are top coils and they are a warm, tight draw. The Protank can give you a warm vape if you remove a single flavor wick; you just have to get used to the metal mouthpiece.

If you like the iclear16s that come with the MVP, then you'll love the iclear30, which is the same dual coils, but the tank holds more juice.

The MVP and iclear16 is a great set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread