How do I solve this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mosh

Moved On
Jan 5, 2010
kansas city
Hey guys and gals,

I'm having some issues with my 510, and I'm not really sure what their point or origin is. So I was thinking I would post my questions here, and maybe someone who's been doing this longer would be able to help.

Here's the situation. My 510 needs to be hit slowly (almost 20 seconds), I mean, really slowly, and for a long time to get what I would consider even a half way reasonable throat hit. This is weird, because when I first got the unit, it worked fine.

I didn't start having trouble until my original Titan style atomizers (thick gold band) burned out about a week ago (three days after getting them), and I bought something else. These newer atomizers don't have the power that the Titan atomizers had, I think, but they're also not burning out as quickly. Or maybe I'm crazy. I don't know.

I'm using the 18mg juices from EsmokeyTreats, which are actually good juices, at the moment. I've used them in other ecigs, and gotten throat hits I couldn't handle, but I'm wondering if I'm not taking care of them right, as they seem weaker after a week. Do ejuices need to be refridgerated, or stored on something other than their original packaging?

Another possibility with the eliquid is that there's nothing wrong with it, and I haven't somehow screwed it up. Maybe I've just gotten used to vaping and it doesn't seem strong enough because it's the wrong strength eliquid? Maybe I need to take it up to 24 mg of nicotine, instead of 18? Before I started vaping, my choice of cigarettes was Winston Reds, Camel Lights, and if nothing else was available Pal Mal Reds.

I'm freaking out! I'm not getting enough nicotine, and I'm willing to do or buy just about anything to solve this problem. So back to the hardware front, I've considered dramatic and sweeping upgrades to my hardware. I like the Silver Bullet by Altsmoke and the Chuck. I've thought about both units, and will likely be getting the Silver Bullet this week. But the silver bullet works with the same atomizers I'm having issues with.

That's about it in a nut shell.
Where am I going wrong?

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Did you buy the Joye510 brand?

The knockoff atty's have a disk shaped thing down in the atty.

She said they were Titan, which are TW's rebranded Joye attys. I use them exclusively.

Mosh, take a look at the filler after you vape from a cart for a little while. If it is pushed down more than just sort of "bowled" from the atty bridge, then it might not be wicking as well to the bridge and coil. See what happens with a new cart. For this and several other reasons I decided to try some of the cart mods...and there are several. I'm using the ZFM mod now, but have tried many others. Mods are a bit of a pain in the beginning, but if you find one that works as advertised, it makes all the difference. I get good TH from 14 mg now, where before with the stock filler it had to be at least 22 mg to get TH.

TH is also sort of transient. After a few hits, even if the cart is optimal, TH can fade, so see if putting the PV down for a bit (I know, that's hard! :D) helps to bring it back.

Another thing, 510 attys can get sluggish, gurgly, or clogged. You can blow the atty out into a paper towel, or I generally just take the filled cart off, put a completely empty cart on, and vape until it is freed up...this is essentially like "dripping". Also, blowing out juice is easier when it is hot, so I vape on an atty for a few hits, then quickly take it off and blow it out then.

Cleaning the atty every few days or so is also generally recommended, although some here do not ever clean attys. Hot water with blowing out works well, but there are a slew of cleaning methods here.

The 510 is a great PV, but it is very finicky, like an Italian race car. Worth the effort, but requires the effort for the best results.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread