How far can I go with watts on a 510 dripping atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stingray 510 dripping atomizer (not rebuildable) and I was just wondering if these things are made with NiChrome or Kanthal? It's at 1.5 ohms and I'd really not like to end up trying watts and getting them burnt because the nichrome cant handle the heat and burn it.
Also around how long do you think these things last? Constant use in mind.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Start low and keep turning it up until it tastes bad. I usually find a 1.5ohm atty doesn't need more than about 3.8 volts or around 9 watts to give me the flavor and vapor I prefer. Most 510 attys are actually pretty robust and you can vape them where they taste best to you.
I've been using 510's for almost a year now and I've never had one actually pop on me, even during a dry burn clean.

The atomizers should last anywhere between 3 weeks and 3 months... it really depends. Most issues you can soak them in alcohol or dry burn them back to health. When the flavor or vapor production drops, or you get a funky taste, it's time to toss them.

Start low and keep turning it up until it tastes bad. I usually find a 1.5ohm atty doesn't need more than about 3.8 volts or around 9 watts to give me the flavor and vapor I prefer. Most 510 attys are actually pretty robust and you can vape them where they taste best to you.
I've been using 510's for almost a year now and I've never had one actually pop on me, even during a dry burn clean.

The atomizers should last anywhere between 3 weeks and 3 months... it really depends. Most issues you can soak them in alcohol or dry burn them back to health. When the flavor or vapor production drops, or you get a funky taste, it's time to toss them.
thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread