How high to keep GeekVape M100 (Aegis Mini) filled?

So the guy who sold me this on Friday told me to keep the juice above the little windows that show the coil inside. He said otherwise, the coil could burn out too fast. It has been 1.5 days and the juice looks dark to me. Am I doing this right? Should I empty the juice? Vape it down and then switch to a new coil? Or is the darkness not a problem? FWIW, it tastes fine. Thanks!

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Without knowing too much about your situation except that you prefer to vape at 50 watts, I’m going to say your juice contains a lot of sweetener; maybe a bakery or custard style flavor. In that case, the juice will get darker and will be fine if it still tastes good.

Juices that contain a lot of sweetener will turn darker due to oxidation and heat from the coil. As well, the coil will gunk up with the residue which will leach into your juice.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    As long as you e-Liquid tastes like Melon, and Not Burnt Melon, I would just keep filling the tank up.

All e-Liquids tend to darken when they are in a Tank or an RTA. Some more than others. So you Can't Really go by colour as to when you should change your coil.

Users who are viewing this thread