How much nicotine does vaping really deliver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baobei

Apr 15, 2012
Shanghai
I googled this and found an apparent scientific study that said that vaping delivers 'hardly any' nicotine at all into the bloodstream.

I find this hard to believe since I feel quite buzzed after vaping 24 or 26mg juice.

I've started vaping 6mg to try to becomes less hooked on nicotine. Anyone know if vaping really delivers a lot less nicotine than regular smoking?

dhdonline1

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
canada
There are a lot of factors that contribute to how much nic you get from vaping. Your technique has a lot to do with it. The vapor particle size is much larger than smokw, so your lungs don't absorb as much as your mouth and nose will. Also you are not getting all the chemicals from tobacco, that add to nicotines effectiveness. If you feel you are getting too much nic try a lower level. If you've just stopped smoking, it also may be withdrawls from all the chemicals you aren't getting now too!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Recent tests by Etter, measuring cotinine levels (what nicotine metabolizes to), showed levels in experienced vapers comparable to smokers.

Generally, the tests showing no or low nic absorption have used cruddy pv and uneducated users, basically tossed as pv with no instruction on how to vape.

Search ecf for Etter and look at posts in the January/February timeframe.

yepimonfire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
considering that Im coming off a can a day chew habit and have cut myself to 2-3 chews a day tells me Im getting nicotine. Its not even like Im replacing cigarettes. This is totally different. Ive tried the gum, ive tried the patches. i always wanted to tear someones head off. I dont with the ecig.

i couldnt keep the patches lit! big scam if you ask me.....

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
At first, I saw the reports that hardly any was delivered and believed it. Now I know better, though I don't have any scientific proof to offer. I am still very hooked on nicotine. I cut down from 36 to 24 with no problems. Then I tried to cut down to
< 12. The result was that I went through 15 ml in just two days, which is twice what I would normally use. I didn't realize I was vaping so much until I looked at the 30 ml bottle and saw half was gone. The next batch I went with 24 mg and I'm back to my 3 ml per day. I also nearly smoked a cigarette while using the 12 mg. Was about to ask a friend for one, then thought to myself that was odd and stopped myself.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I googled this and found an apparent scientific study that said that vaping delivers 'hardly any' nicotine at all into the bloodstream.

I remember something about that study. It was some time back. I believe there was a problem with the methodology and it was later discredited.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think the main thing here is that we ALL know that we are getting nicotine from our PVs and juice. I know for a fact that, if I vape non stop, I will get an overdose of nic and feel just the same as I would if I smoked too many cigarettes. So, I don't need a study to tell me that PVs work:)

Instead of spending time to discuss if nicotine is actually delivered to our bloodstream, let's discuss how PG, VG, flavors and/or poly fill affect our body.

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
I've calculated about how much nicotine I got when I smoked, smoking all I want, and also calculated how much I get from vaping, all I want, and they are pretty similar. I also have to go without vaping for extended periods at work and have found that the effect from going without vaping and going without smoking is pretty similar.

I read the post on these studies and they referenced different "brands" of e-cigarettes and found there was a wide variety of absorption. So that tells us all we need to know about that. So if you use a good PV and vape at 4 volts or higher and use quality juice rather than who the hell knows what, your results can definitely vary from any of these studies ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread