How things have changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark8876

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Perth, Australia
I don't vape openly at work, but do make extra trips to the mens room. Sometimes I feel like I'm in Jr High again.

Nitekap,

I am not able to do anything for you from where I am, however, I do find it unacceptable that you have to go to a toilet when you are not breaking any anti-smoking laws. I would also go to the fact that your health is compromised by you having to go to the toilets to vape!!!

That said, I will always support our government (AUS in my case) and the laws that that introduce.

That said, I may not agree with the particular legislation and, in that instance, I hope I will have the heart to stand up to any injustices that I perceive.

Demoness

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2010
Port Richey, Florida
that would be a really bad thing to happen. funny though that most supervisors seem to have no problem with vaping team members. i experienced nothing but tolerance at work, even though one time one of my colleagues who did not know that i was vaping saw the "smoke" rising from my desk and thought that my pc was on fire :evil::laugh:

Now that is hilarious!

SeanFromIthaca

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ithaca, NY
I vape at my desk at work all day long. I don't vape in front of clients though. The company head knows I do it and has never said a thing. But I know that vaping will never be banned in my workplace. My company head is the coolest person I know. :cool:

I guess it pays to be your own boss :thumbs: (alright, I admit it....the company head is me)

hahaha I got a kick out of that

Bigfoot1974

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2010
Flemingsburg, KY
www.mammothskins.com
I sit at my desk and vape all day. And I walk around the shop vaping all day and noone says a word. Helps to be the boss!! I've tried to get everyone here to start vaping and actually ordered an Ego kit for one of my employees but she's not taken to it very well. But I keep trying. I've only had one analog in the past week and a half.

Crumpet

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
central VA
The head of my department caught me this morning with my wetbox. I am now worried that he will ban them. My supervisor has been letting me and another e-cig user vape while we work. But I don't know what will happen now. Our companu has been tobacco free for the last 4 years. I hope they don't consider banning all use of nicotine.

That's why at this point in the game I wouldn't advertise that I'm vaping at work (if I were to be in another office setting....currently I can do what I want in my 4 person office). If they do 'ban' it, just stealth vap or run into a closet or in a bathroom stall. Those dumbasses won't smell anything or see any 'smoke' so they'll be none the wiser. We've got to do something about this anti-nicotine agenda, though. It's based on the wrong stuff, especially the incorrect assumption that it is what causes tobacco/smoking related illness.

Crumpet

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
central VA
I vape openly, everywhere. Maybe it's because I'm a long time smoker, we used to be able to smoke everywhere. It helps that the eGo doesn't look at all like a cigarette, so people ask me what I'm doing and I explain. Took it apart and showed the pieces and my juice to a policeman the other day. He thought it was great.

Double post, oh well. Guess I need to see if we have a 'multi-quote' option.

You sound like my Mom, a lifelong smoker who just turned 68. She wears her kr808 on a lanyard around her neck and isn't overly discreet. It has a bright blue cartomizer. She just picks it up, puffs, and then drops it back down. She says she's just mischievous enough to not care what anyone thinks. She cracks me up though because she thinks she's covering the 'cherry' part, but you can still always see the orange light when she inhales.

Crumpet

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
central VA
I vape openly, everywhere. Maybe it's because I'm a long time smoker, we used to be able to smoke everywhere. It helps that the eGo doesn't look at all like a cigarette, so people ask me what I'm doing and I explain. Took it apart and showed the pieces and my juice to a policeman the other day. He thought it was great.

You sound like my Mom, a lifelong smoker who just turned 68. She wears her kr808 on a lanyard around her neck and isn't overly discreet. It has a bright blue cartomizer. She just picks it up, puffs, and then drops it back down. She says she's just mischievous enough to not care what anyone thinks. She cracks me up though because she thinks she's covering the 'cherry' part, but you can still always see the orange light when she inhales.

Crumpet

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
central VA

Sibirniki

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Delaware
Great story! I vape at my desk and everyone at my job is good about it. They're all happy that I gave up analogs, so no complaints.

Same deal here i just sit at my desk and vape no matter what. One time our company had visitors and they sneaked on me from behind and asked why they see smoke so i explained them what is PV and how it works and next week our company got an award for fighting tobacco ussage in work place all tho company does not have any tobacco bans

zapper

Dec 12, 2010
UK
I showed some of the people at work but they weren't convinced that it wasn't a real cigarette!

Needless to say I won't be doing that again. I have a sneaky 'vape' when there's no one in the office.

I won't be able to use it in the pubs though because I think they'll chuck me out! I will probably cover the ecig and inhale sneakily if I can get away with it!

BINKY

Sep 10, 2010
United Kingdom
UK Vaper here and I have to say I don't use my PV in the Pub (that's a bar) I did show it to the landlord at my regular haunt. He seemed OK with it but I know I would get questioned by other drinkers so I tend to go outside and vape with the smokers (indoor ban here in UK). I don't really mind as it helps me ration my usage a bit when I'm out. I do vape in my own house wich is a change as I never smoked real cigs in the house.

DigiTechDude

Apr 22, 2010
USA
Is anything still legal in NJ?

Nope, if it's fun it's illegal, if it doesn't harm anyone it's illegal, if the State doesn't collect a heap of taxes from it... It's illegal. As a matter of fact you're usually best in NJ to ask if you can do anything or check the law books before attempting anything new. It's unfortunate. I imagine it won't be long before vaping at all will be illegal in NJ. Possession of contraband and whatnot.

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
It's easy for me to smoke at work as I am the boss. In public it just depends on the crowd - our very dear friends own a resturant and later in the evening I pull out my pv but when they are full I substain or go to the restroom. It's going to take awhile before everyone is Iowa is comfortable with 'vaping' in public. I keep trying but I also don't want to be too pushy and turn anyone against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread