I feel like a dumbass vaping in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justmike

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2013
NYC
Here's my totally uncigarette looking Altoids mod. Mini tact switch at the left, thumbwheel to the right, VW with the DNA12 inside, powered by an old, tired Panasonic CR18650CH. Phoenix atomizer on the top with with a "blemished" SuperT drip tip. Whenever I get around to re-doing it, it'll have an eGo connection and a built in mini-USB charging board.

View attachment 181530

That is so cool. Did you happen to do a writeup on the build process ?

V4ping20four7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
Asylum
Or you could go really extreme like me and make one of these :)
john1.jpg

cherrycakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Scranton, PA
lol I saw some pv condom things and I thought the whole idea was really stupid, but I guess for a vape meet it'd be a good thing to have

I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of ridiculously large/powerful mods so I can see what I'm going to end up spending a large amount of money on in the future xD

Last edited:

KeithB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Annapolis, MD
That is so cool. Did you happen to do a writeup on the build process ?

No, I never did write up my build process; the inside is far less pretty. Maybe for the next one, which I've started. I've already got a hole in my next tin for the connector...lots of work to be done. It isn't too hard if you can solder and it isn't too hard to learn to solder. My biggest problem is making do with the tools I have; lots of improvisation.

As I tried to say before, I do get a lot of attention vaping an Altoids tin in public but it's overwhelming positive. I've had a very few bitter smokers jealous because they had to go out in the cold to smoke and one guy complained the smell was making him hungry because it smelled so good. Mostly it's "What the heck is that?" and/or " That's really cool."

Bubba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2010
North Carolina
Haven't really had anyone say anything to me about it. I kind of like the fact that my mod looks nothing like a cig - there's no question that I'm not smoking an analog. I do get some WTH is he doing looks, but no one thinks I'm smoking.

Havent' seen anyone else vaping in public though

Don't feel like a dumbass, this log I'm toting around looks like Squidwards clarinet - if it was chrome

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
Haven't really had anyone say anything to me about it. I kind of like the fact that my mod looks nothing like a cig - there's no question that I'm not smoking an analog. I do get some WTH is he doing looks, but no one thinks I'm smoking.

Havent' seen anyone else vaping in public though

Don't feel like a dumbass, this log I'm toting around looks like Squidwards clarinet - if it was chrome

lol... I get the "WTH is (s)he doing looks" too. I still do it though, I'm past that part of my life that I care what anyone else thinks.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
So I'm thinking of getting some pre-filled carts to have with me on the go so I don't look dumb/feel dumb and people will KNOW that I'm vaping and not smoking illegal drugs.?

You must have lot of VERY wealthy but legally stupid drug users in Scranton, if it is the "norm" for people who use drugs to vape them in public. I mean, if that is what the normal mode of use is up there, there must be an entirely different level of stupid but rich drug users in Scranton. Pax Plumes and Atmos and Trippy Stix vaporizers cost about 5-10 times what an eGo and Vivi Nova do.

Just sayin....

If you feel weird, then it's something either you need to just get over, or you need to not vape in public--that simple. Either you will continue to let what you imagine other people think rule your life, or you will take control of your own emotions and insecurities, put on your big girl panties, and deal with it.

Until people "normalize" vping--and that can ONLY happen with LOTS of people vaping in public--it will attract attention.

Nobody has ever been arrested for vaping. Vaping is legal. Don't worry. You didn't worry about how stupid, inconsiderate, and self-destructive people thought you were when you were smoking cigarettes. Why should you care about what they think now?

Sorry if this sounds mean, but I'm getting a little tired of people using this as an excuse to not vape in public.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
yo if you feel weird vaping in public, get a PV that fits in your hand.
the main pvs I take outside the house are my 400m spinner and my reo mini.
with a 510 atty and shorty drip tip on a reo mini your basically taking hits off your fist.
400mah spinner is about the size of a 650mah regular ego. pretty small. packs a punch.
throw a evod on there or a mini T3 and your good to go. no ones gonna bat a 2nd eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread