I get nothing on the inhale with subtank nano, it's all flavour on the exhale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I get a bit on the inhale with my evod and ego but on the subtank Nano all I get is a warm feeling without any flavour on the inhale and get all the flavour on the exhale, so exhale really slowly and through my mouth and nose to savour it.

Do you think it's due to the wide drip tip it comes with? I've tried it even on just the single airhole mouth to lung hitting and it's still the same.

Using .5 ohm coil between 20 to 30 watts.

Cheers.

Oh here's a picture of the tank if you don't know it

How to change the OCC coils in the Kanger Subtank Nano.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Any juice I use, same. TBH it's vaping itself. I always feel like vaping is more of a cigar type experience. The flavour is on the holding it in throat, exhaling through mouth and nose. It''s just juice makers say 'you get x flavour on inhale and notes of y on the exhale' so it sets up expectation that for me do not happen....

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Oh hell yes! Massive thick warm, dense, silky clouds, amazing vape experience. I just do not taste the inhale, I blow out massive clouds and that's where I get the flavour.

Maybe buy a proper delron drip tip?
Go with a smaller diameter drip tip. With the subtanks I get much better flavor with a standard 510 drip tip than I do with the "wide bore".

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Thats how vaping works pretty much its usually on the exhaust most pronounced flavor is detected. There's some juices that have heavy taste on inhale, some that you taste on exhale, adjust your airflow watts etc to try to change experience.. I make my own e joos for the most part and know my flavors so when it happens to me I know my coil is a little gunked..

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Drip tip :lol:

Sorry, it is Air Flow.
Tighter Tip reduces Air flow.
reducing air via the AFC can/will increase flavor. *

*caution - hard draws will increase the chance of Flooding*

Adjustable AFC Drip tips are also worthless to Flavor chasers and rob flavor.

Op, most of your Flavor receptors are in the Nasal passages.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Drip tip :lol:

Sorry, it is Air Flow.
Tighter Tip reduces Air flow.
reducing air via the AFC can/will increase flavor. *

*caution - hard draws will increase the chance of Flooding*

Adjustable AFC Drip tips are also worthless to Flavor chasers and rob flavor.

Op, most of your Flavor receptors are in the Nasal passages.
That very much depends on the age of the vaper. How we taste and smell is very diferent for a 20 year old vs a 60 year old person.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
That very much depends on the age of the vaper. How we taste and smell is very diferent for a 20 year old vs a 60 year old person.

Don't I know it. I miss my taste buds.......... But, not attempting to Deny, Drip tips so have an effect. Reducing and compressing the Vape directs more flavor in a condensed manor.........though still an Air flow mechanism.

I have one RDA, Dark Horse, with a Chuff and I hate the thing -0- Flavor. Switch to the 510 and reduce AFC = :thumbs:

Prefer Ming's on my Kayfuns, though after 6 months of using the Orchids, I am having tight draw syndrome with them. Odd thing, I still enjoy a carto on an Ego :blink:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah vaping most of the flavour does always happen in the stage between hitting the back of the throat and the exhale. On my evods, I can get some flavour on the inhale as there is a moderate enough ammount of it not to flood the passageways so to speak and you can taste it as you suck it in... I also hot box them, so take a draw and then while exhaling that through my nose I take another draw through the mouth, exhale that through the nose and repeat a few times, ending with a large mouth exhale... this ensures flavour going on at inhale and exhale stage and exhaling through the nose while inhaling through the nose seems to ensure there is a lot of taste going on in the mouth, throat and nose.

On a subtank there is too much vapour to taste it on the inhale, you'd have to do mouth to lung and it just doesn't work on this tank at any airhole setting for me, maybe it will with the 1.2 coil at lower watts. You cannot hotbox on a subtank, I've tried it and my body won't even let me take another inhale while exhaling through the nose as there is just too much vapour. So when I subtank vape, I treat it as like a pipe or cigar smoking experience, holding the vapour in and savouring it in the back of throat after the inhale and then tasting most of it in the nose and tip of tounge and lips on the exhale.

That's fine, it's working for me, just need bold juices. With lighter bakery / banana type juice it's okay for the first few draws but then for a full night of vaping flaovur seems weak even though it is not. With bolder juices, the experience remains constant.

Reactions: Boden

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Is there a good midground between the ammount of vapour and type of draw on the EVOD and the Subtank Nano?

I prefer the vaping style of the EVOD over the straight to lung hit style of the subtank nano but the EVOD doesn't quite give enough vapour to satisfy me with my zero nic juices in the evening.

I heard Kanger Genni tanks are good?

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Is there a good midground between the ammount of vapour and type of draw on the EVOD and the Subtank Nano?

I prefer the vaping style of the EVOD over the MTL style of the subtank but the EVOD doesn;t quite give enough vaour to satisfy me with my zero nic juices in the evening.

I heard genni tanks are good?
Try a T3. And maybe drill out the base air holes in your Evod to 1/16 or 1.5 mm for you. Just try em one at a time to see how you like it. I drill out the airholes in my T3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread