I have a fix for loose draw on Genesis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da300Mann

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Benton, Arkansas, United States
I have a cool and easy fix for a Genesis style rba that is too airy or loose. I did this to my RSST, after going too large on the hole, and wanted to tighten the draw up a little. This worked great, so I thought I would share.

1) Make sure you clean the dome really well and dry it well!

2) Use a small piece of mesh, I used 400, but any will work.

3) Make sure it matches the couture of the dome, it makes it much easier to set in place later. Also, I trimmed mine to about 1/4" x 3/8".

4) Make sure you know where the O-ring stops so the mesh won't be hitting ring. Place a SMALL drop of Super Glue Gel (Gel is important) under the hole. This will be where the bottom of the mesh will go. Using tweezers, carefully place the mesh over the glued area and use light pressure to set it in place. You may want to use a small pin (picture 6) to help work the mesh down to the dome.

5 & 6) After the glue has setup, apply a little more glue around the edges of the mesh and make sure all the corners are secure. Use the small pin to work the glue around and seal the edges and corners down.

7) After all the glue has dried, use the pin, poke a hole in the center of the mesh. You can set the dome in place to test and adjust the size of the hole until you get the draw back to your liking.

8) The fix looks clean from the outside, and did notice too, the juice will NOT leak from the air hole after this fix. It seems the mesh wicks the juice and holds it in... so it's like two fixes in one!

Pic1.jpg Pic2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread