I need help with my Mini Protank 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get burnt/dry hits every time I use my Mini Protank 2. The last time it happened I put the same coil head from the protank in an evod and it worked just fine. No bad flavor, dry hits, or burning with the same coil. Is it a pressure issue in the protank? I have no idea as to what the issue would be. All I have are evods and my mini protank and my ADV is a tank cracker so I'm pretty bummed about it. Any ideas?:oops:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
I get burnt/dry hits every time I use my Mini Protank 2. The last time it happened I put the same coil head from the protank in an evod and it worked just fine. No bad flavor, dry hits, or burning with the same coil. Is it a pressure issue in the protank? I have no idea as to what the issue would be. All I have are evods and my mini protank and my ADV is a tank cracker so I'm pretty bummed about it. Any ideas?:oops:

Well if youre using the same juice in the EVOD as the PT 2 mini, it doesnt sound like a flavor wick/wicking issue, but could very well be. What pg/vg mix is the juice?

Before ya get into trying to remove flavor wicks etc, lets try the simplest kanger head trick and see if it improves flow to the head.

Remove the head(coil) and then remove silicon "cup" gasket that is on the heads stem, and install it in reverse, i.e. cupped side facing up, it will open up the channel around the wicks a bit more and may solve the issue.

Otherwise you'll have to start tinkering with the wicks/flavor wicks probably.

All of my juice is 50/50, 18mg nic. I put in a fresh coil with the gasket reversed. I didn't get dry hits as often but it still happens occasionally. After every few hits I unscrew the drip tip connector just enough to let some air in, that seems to fix it but its kind of a hassle and sometimes it floods. I'm thinking it has to do with airflow or pressure since it wicks fine but when you unscrew it air goes in the tank. Does the same thing happen with regular size protanks?

Porkchop081

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Laurinburg,NC
Im have the Protank I and II, use them regularly. i had some issues with them at first. I drilled the the 2 air holes located just above the threads on the bottom of the cap to just a slightly bigger size. has seemed be work wonders. also make sure not to over tighten the tank to your device, they seem very sensitive to this as it can create an air-lock and the first time you pull on it it, you will get juice in your mouth.

Last edited:

postmister

Dec 23, 2013
Columbia SC, USA
Try taking it (the coil head) out and putting it back in. Make sure you are getting good air flow and lighten up on your draw.

DANGER!! make sure that the gasket at the bottom of the coil is NOT crushed. that would make it possible for the two coil ends to make contact with eachother. This will short out your battery and button. = INSANELY hot battery and smoking jeans... just bad all around! This is one of the dangers i've found with the kanger tanks.

There was certainly no shorts in the coil. My battery would've been fried by now. Also, the gasket is fine and I made sure all of the connections were tight but not too tight. I put in a menthol juice that seems thinner than all of my other juices even though they're all 50/50 and it's been working just fine. I really don't understand why thug juice won't work in my mini protank because it's become my favorite juice. Haha.

I've noticed the same thing, when the head is on the eVod the wicking is perfect, no dry hits, plenty of vapour, etc. The same head on the protank gives me dry hits.

What I've noticed is that air can get trapped on the bottom end of the clearo, and the draw is way to airy. So I tried to either pull a small draw or suck air as much as possible, both options give me dry hits though the same heads work fine on the eVod, be it default silica or custom made cotton. Liquids tested were 80pg/20vg and 50/50, I'm definitely pin pointing this on the protank head. Such a shame, the liquids look so good in that tank...

Did anyone else stumble across issue? If yes, how did you fix it? I'm thinking it could be a design flaw, specifically the tight space where the wick ends have to fit into, combined with the possible air trapping in the lower part of the middle post (the chrome one that goes in between the bottom screw and the glass tank).

The weirdest thing is that even on a very fluffy and full cotton wick, the air draw stays the same. I'm suspecting that air might be mixing in from somewhere, though I can't say where from since the bottom is completely screwed on the tank and the airholes would be the only places where air can get in. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread