I need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

syvil

Oct 17, 2013
CA
I need help finding the the right product for me. I am not a daily smoker but I am a social smoker (I smoke when I drink). I do not smoke during the week and I cannot stand the smell of cigarettes if I have not had a few drinks in me. However on a weekend after a long work week I like to throw a few back with friends which brings that craving for a cigarette soon after.

After I smoke that first cigarette I smoke like a train. I will usually go through a pack or more in a single night. I hate waking up smelling like smoke and coughing my lungs out. I tried a disposable Blu from Walgreens this past weekend and really liked it. It kept me from smoking cigarettes and tasted pretty good. I also love the fact I don't smell awful when coming inside after a cigarette.

I was looking into the starter kit but decided to do some research and there seems to be more bad than good with these kits. I am looking for a cost effective starter kit with some good flavors and long battery (rechargeable) life. Again I am not a daily smoker and usually only smoke during the weekends after a few drinks so I'm not looking for something top of the line but something reliable that will last me an entire night or two. Being new to all of this I have no clue where to start.

Any help is appreciated!

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
Hi Syvil!

Welcome and congrats on your decision. Guessing that you arent a heavy smoker, a Joyetech eGo twist might be nice. Heard nice things about it. Variable voltage. 600mAh to 1000mAh to choose from. 1000 mAh should last you a while before needing to charge. I have the Innokin MVP 2 which is nice with 2600mAh which lasts me 3 days of heavy chain vaping, passthrough capable, variable voltage, ohm metre, can charge my phone, etc.

Are you into cartos, tanks, cartotanks, clearomisers, glass tanks or glassomisers? Sorry for throwing so much lingo at you but i want to nail down your preferences before referring a topper. Although the Kanger EVOD, Protank 2, Vision Vivi Nova are nice tank systems to start with. Easy refill, awesome taste, lasts.

syvil

Oct 17, 2013
CA
Hello and thank you for your response. Unfortunately I do not know what any of that means. I tried my first ecig (Blu) this past Saturday from Walgreens and almost bought the starter kit but came here first.

If you're talking about the appearance that isn't an issue for me. Something reliable, long lasting, plenty of flavors and keeps me away from cigs without breaking the bank is what I'm after.

Hi Syvil!

Welcome and congrats on your decision. Guessing that you arent a heavy smoker, a Joyetech eGo twist might be nice. Heard nice things about it. Variable voltage. 600mAh to 1000mAh to choose from. 1000 mAh should last you a while before needing to charge. I have the Innokin MVP 2 which is nice with 2600mAh which lasts me 3 days of heavy chain vaping, passthrough capable, variable voltage, ohm metre, can charge my phone, etc.

Are you into cartos, tanks, cartotanks, clearomisers, glass tanks or glassomisers? Sorry for throwing so much lingo at you but i want to nail down your preferences before referring a topper. Although the Kanger EVOD, Protank 2, Vision Vivi Nova are nice tank systems to start with. Easy refill, awesome taste, lasts.

I second that opinion - eGo is probably the best fit for you. Since you are only a social smoker, I would be reluctant to buy a complete startup kit...totally unnecessary. Also, if like me, you probably don't want to carry around a large/ long device so I would suggest a 600amAh device...best compromise of form & function IMO. I found a simple starter kit on myfreedomsmokes.com for $14.95 - just search for "eGo 650mAh w/ CE4 Clearomizer Blister Pack Starter Kit" Disclaimer: it is not a genuine Joyetech eGo but it is a reliable variable voltage device that would suit your purposes. I bought a couple for friends and they love it. Juice is not included so you'll have to some research to find your perfect vape.

Here is the link:
eGo 650mAh w/ CE4 Clearomizer Blister Pack Starter Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
Thats alright. It took me a while to absorb all the info on here too.

Cartomiser: looks like a metal tube with a cotton or cotton like filler substance inside for soaking liquids with a coil wire inside. Ive used ones ranging from 2cm to 3ish cm long.

Tank: outside clear or metal casing just to hold extra liquid
Carto tank: has a cartomiser with holes punched on it with a tank outside to hold extra liquid.
Glass tank: tank made of glass for reactive liquids like cinnamon or citrus that will ruin and crack plastic polycarbonate tanks. Polypropylene tanks are safe to use with citrus or cinnamon liquids.

Check out this list of liquids that will crack polycarbonate tanks. List may not be complete.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-36.html

Clearomiser: clear tank with the coil wick unit in it. Some are able to take apart to clean or to replace the coil wick unit.

Glassomiser: same as a clearomiser except the outer tank is made of glass.

So my advice: play it safe and get a glass tank regardless. I recommend the Kanger Protank 2, the Vision Vivi Vision Fate. Both have great tastes, easy to refill, easy to buy replacement coil heads, easy to clean. Great for anyone! I bought the protank 2 for $15 from a local b&m store and around $12 for the V fate tank on myvaporstore.com. These are much more decent than the cig a likes and you would find the true pleasure of vaping from these i believe.

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
I found a simple starter kit on myfreedomsmokes.com for $14.95 - just search for "eGo 650mAh w/ CE4 Clearomizer Blister Pack Starter Kit" Disclaimer: it is not a genuine Joyetech eGo but it is a reliable variable voltage device that would suit your purposes. I bought a couple for friends and they love it. Juice is not included so you'll have to some research to find your perfect vape.

Here is the link:
eGo 650mAh w/ CE4 Clearomizer Blister Pack Starter Kit - MyFreedomSmokes.com

I'm glad to see this post. I've been thinking of recommending that myself but didn't know if it was any good.

I also have to second The Vivi nova ($8-$10) and 1000 mah twist battery ($22 - $27) if you want more than that.

Welcome & congrats on your decision to not use the stinkies!! I am a brand new vaper so just 5 days ago I had no idea what any of that meant either. Stick around veterans will answer any of your questions and give you some great advice pretty quick. I personally started with one Kanger Evod starter kit for us both to use to see if vaping was our thing before dropping a lot of cash. A day or 2 later I ordered the Vision Spinner 1300mah variable voltage batteries , 2 Kanger mini protank 2's, and an assortment of the replaceable coils in all sizes so I could play around and find out what it was all about.

He kept the Evod's, & I now use the Vision Spinner/mini protank set-ups, as I prefer a warmer vape. I found that very easily with the variable voltage batteries and different sized coils. The Evod starter kit was less than 50, The Vision Spinner VV batteries were about 25 each, mini protanks less than 13 each, coils less than 8 per 5 pk. So his set-up was about $50, and mine about $75.Being new I had no idea which suppliers to use so I went to Ebay and looked for sellers the best prices & best feedback. Apparently I found a few good ones as all of my equipment arrived in 2-3 days and I am one happy vaper....haven't had a stinky in a few days now. I had a group of friend stop by for drinks and I set right in the midst of them all night and never even wanted a stinky!! That is a miracle, as I too chain smoke when I drink. I smoked all the time, but a ridiculous amount when I was drinking with a group who smoked as well.

There are also a lot of great resources I have seen the veterans suggest:

A Beginner’s Guide To Vaping | Vape Revolution

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...06-4-good-starters-setup-beginning-vapor.html

Also the mini protank 2's are pyrex so you will not have any tank cracking issues.:vapor:

Hope that helps some. Just lurking around here and reading a lot helped me. Best of luck to you on your vape quest!!

Hello and thank you for your response. Unfortunately I do not know what any of that means. I tried my first ecig (Blu) this past Saturday from Walgreens and almost bought the starter kit but came here first.

If you're talking about the appearance that isn't an issue for me. Something reliable, long lasting, plenty of flavors and keeps me away from cigs without breaking the bank is what I'm after.

Last edited:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Something reliable, long lasting, plenty of flavors and keeps me away from cigs without breaking the bank is what I'm after.
Two of these:
Katana Kit

One or two of these (for tank-cracker juices such as cinnamon, clove, citrus, or wintergreen):
Kanger Protank Mini @ VapingME.com

And some replacement coils (at least 5 to hold you for a while):
http://www.vapingme.com/kanger-prot...romizer-cartomizer-replacement-coil-assembly/

And juice of your choice (you might want to try Mt Baker or Mister-E Liquids, for example)!

Watch the EVOD & Mini Protank reviews by GrimmGreen and PBusardo (you need not build your own coils unless you want to).

Basic maintenance videos here and here.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I agree with the 650mah ego. It is small and should last you one or two nights out. The ce4 clearomizer is ok, but you will need a couple of them or you will be refilling them. But they are a decent start. For juice, you can get some great prices at Mt. Baker Vapor, and many like their flavors. If you spend $15 you get a free 15ml sample. And there is 10% off with coupon code vaporfrombaker. This should meet your immediate needs. The link to the $14.95 ego 650mah blister pack also shows they have juice so you may want to pick up some there if you get that device. Don't know how good their flavors are. Good luck and have fun with it.

If you were a full time smoker I would be recommending something totally different for you. But since you are an occasional smoker this may fit the bill.

I'm glad to see this post. I've been thinking of recommending that myself but didn't know if it was any good.

I also have to second The Vivi nova ($8-$10) and 1000 mah twist battery ($22 - $27) if you want more than that.

Although I have a Joyetech eGo twist I got one of these blister packs for myself - worth it just to have the extra battery and charger. The battery only has three voltage settings but the med (3.7v) and high (4.2v) settings are adequate for my vaping tastes. The 600 mAh battery is actually smaller than the Joyetech 600 mAh eGo-c twist battery but seems to have comparable battery life. I would def recommend for the social vaporist as well as backup for the everyday vaporist.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi

Venerable Vaping has put together a couple of things for new vapers to try without breaking the bank. They offer an 1100mAh eGo/CE4/USB charger blister pack for $11.99

http://www.venerablevaping.com/eGo-K-wCE4-Single-Unit-Kit_p_99.html

Or if you wanted to get something closer to a complete kit, they have 2-1100mAh eGos/2-CE4/UBS charger/wall adaptor/needle bottle and case for $26.99

eGo CE4 Duel Starter Kit w/1100mah Batte..

With either set-up you can just add juice and be good to go, or for a little more you can add a couple of other juice delivery devices to put on top and be good for quite some time.

Atomizers, Cartomizers, Clearomizers

Venerable usually doesn't sell juice, but they have one flavor currently on the site "Jay's Tears for Lexi Lee" to raise funds for a little girl with leukemia.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello Syvil and welcome to ECF.

If you just smoke on the weekends and are looking for a cigalike PV (like Blu), I suggest you look at the Volt from Smokeless Image. It's a nice kit. The only disadvantage of the Volt is that it's kr808 threaded, which makes it incompatible with the most popular and versatile 510 connection.

Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette

If you think that you may stay with vaping and are interested in bigger, fatter batteries (Sharpie size), I always recommend this kit:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

It's a much more advanced kit than the Volt and may be more than you need at the moment.

Good luck!

arcebelaced

Oct 11, 2013
Las Vegas

I understand where you're coming from, I'm on the same boat thought I won't smoke a whole pack prolly like 5, and then will just hog the hookah lmao, but I started with a kit called the ego t, then moved on to the ego c - twist which is a little pen like device that has a dial at the bottom that you twist to make it burn hotter giving you more flavor and more vapor, they go for really cheap on sites like Sweet-Vapes

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Just to help confuse you further ;)

You will seen the term "mAh" in reference to batteries. It stands for milliampere-hours (feel free to forget that immediately). It is a measurement for how long a battery will work between charges. The higher the mAh listed on the battery, the longer the battery will last.

Technically, 100mAh = 1 hour of battery use, so theoretically a 650mAh battery will last 6.5 hours, but it doesn't in the vaping world. Vaping depletes batteries faster, especially if using variable power devices, so when people ask me how long a battery will last, I conservatively knock off 2 from the mAh - 650mAh ≈ 4.5 hours. It's very likely to last longer than that, but if it doesn't you won't feel disappointed.

In eGo type batteries, mAh is also an indication of size. The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will be. A variable voltage battery, like the Twist, will also be longer, since the unit has to hold the extra circuitry. A 650mAh Twist is about an inch or so longer than a 650mAh standard eGo.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Lol! I don't think I've posted this enough lately. Perhaps it will give you a point of reference. The examples of what to put on top are a bit outdated (it seems like new devices hit the market every 15 minutes), but should give you a general idea.

m1gl.jpg

syvil

Oct 17, 2013
CA
Thank you all for the tips! I'm thinking of either going with either of these to start off with:

eGo CE4 Duel Starter Kit w/1100mah Batte - eGo CE4 Duel Starter Kit w/1100mah Batte..

OR

Kanger eVod Kit - Black - Kanger eVod Kit - Black

A few questions, is the Atomizer (CE4)/Clearomizer (eVod) reusable or do they need to be replaced every so often? Also any recommendations for ejuice flavors I'm not very picky. Once I get familiar with ecigs I will look into other more permanent options.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Go for the Kanger eVod kit. Trust me.

Those CE4s are old technology--and they were never good even when they were new technology! :D

Evods come with replaceable coils. Easy to clean and replace and inexpensive.

WRT juices--you're on your own. All I can recommend is that you buy small bottles--the smallest you can find--3 ml or 5 ml.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread