I think I figured out my carto problem! Giving help to other noobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
It's me again. I am using an eGo 900 mah with Boge lr 2.0 cartomizers. I seem to be burning my cartomizers without realizing it. Got some good advice from some great members here, and I haven't had a problem all day. Let me explain. Maybe it'll help someone else.

I have been fillling my blank cartos the 1st time from the bottom, taking the cap off so I can see, and using the push or condom method, nice and slow til the juice is all absorbed, then topping off the juice from the top, so it's nice and saturated. Works great!!!

Here's where I have been going wrong. I have been waiting for that burnt taste I had heard so much about. I never tasted anything burnt, but did notice the flavor would diminish, so I'd would put that carto aside, and use another. Then, at the end of the night, I'd refill what I had used from the top until I saw a drip come thru the bottom. In no time at all, I started seeing little black spots on the top of the fiber fill inside the carto. They did not seem to work properly for me after that, never could get the awesome taste that I started with. So....

Well, it seems that with these lr cartos, I was vaping them too dry, even tho I never tasted the dreaded burnt taste. Today, I have been topping them off regularly with several more drops on the top way before the taste starts to diminish or get funky, I'd say after about 12-15 good drags on it. I'm seeing performance from these cartos like I never had before, and I think my cartos will last longer! Lesson learned! :thumbs:

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
That's great! Firstly, that you finally figured it all out and can get a decent vape. But secondly, and especially, that you posted it so others can learn from it.

Sometimes, when we figure something out, we are so caught up in having fixed the problem, we don't stop to think that maybe there are others (silently) fighting the same battle we've just won.

Thanks for posting the solution. Even if you don't hear of anyone being helped, there's bound to be a few having the same issue that will do the proverbial forehead smack and be grateful you posted.

Nice job :)

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
Sort of a trial and error thing. Nothing to be surprised or embarrassed about. Took me weeks to figure out how to get the best out of them but they are my favorite now. the filler when dry/new is not very absorbant and I find getting the first fill right has more to do with the total life of the carto than anything else. Once your senses return you will easily be able to tell when it is starting to dry out.

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
They do dry out fast. Or I vape more than I think. If you are going to top them off, if you don't have one, get a drip tip. Then you don't have to pop out the little rubber end.

GOOD POINT! I didn't really get to where I enjoyed my cartos until I ditched the rubber plug and put the drip tip on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread