Ideal e juice fill capacity for RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
I've noticed over the course of using my rba that the wick doesn't quite work right when the tank is filled to capacity...

I have an AGA-T2, in a U-Wick configuration with 3mm Silica Wick...

It seems to be the similar reason why Clearos tend to leak when they are near empty... But since it's an RBA, you'd want it to leak out of the wick hole so the wick can get soaked up...

I really noticed this when I tried a U-Wick configuration with cotton, I found that the U-Wick Cotton configuration worked better when the two legs of the cotton wick never went below the bottom of the deck inside the two wick hole. When I extended out the legs to be inside the tank area, the cotton wick seems to not wick at all...

Anyone else experience this?

Tanzt

Jul 16, 2013
The Orange of Counties, CA
Super long cotton wicks don't like to stay fully saturated for me. I generally run a half wick in my T2. Tends to give me the best results. Even with the juice 3/4 full in the tank my wicks usually just crest the top of the juice. Then again I also leave the fill hole open for more airflow and tilt for more juice. Less is more when it comes to cotton!

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
That's always been my curiousity. Does the fill hole need to be left open on an RBA? I've always assumed that the fill holes needs to be closed up during operation, the thickness of the wick should be slightly less than the wick hole, so that the wick can wick and have enough room to allow air in to replace the juice that was wicked to keep the pressure in equilibrium?

Tanzt

Jul 16, 2013
The Orange of Counties, CA
Leaving the fill hole open allows for a bit more air flow to the bottom side of the wick to my understanding. The trade off is you can't lay it down or hold it upside down which I wouldn't recommend anyways.

Yes you're on par. Cotton swells immensely, your wick should be able to move freely through the coil without bunching up but obviously not loose enough that it isn't making contact with the coil evenly either.

U-wicks are fun and all but I still prefer a single wick in the T2. Then again preference is the name of the game. It takes practice to get it just right, but smooth sailing once you do it enough I suppose. Cotton makes the world a better place :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread