Status
Not open for further replies.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Hello to all! Well it has taken a few weeks and I thought I was settled in and had everything working to my liking. I started with the njoy... Quickly moved to the 510 and settled in with my Janty Stick V2. Getting this e-cig thing going is a very bumpy road. So I was really liking my Janty and stocked up on 801 atty's. I ordered a handful of 801 atty's from Rocky Mountain Vapor to get started.

I have read a bunch of posts concerning low bridges and high bridges, most of this is over my head, but if I got it right it seems the ones that came with the Janty are low bridges and the ones that came from RMV are high bridges.

The problem is this, when I put the carts that came with the Janty onto the atty's that came from RMV the filler gets stuck onto the atty and does not come off with the cart. This is not because the cart filler is dry. I know this because I took one of the Janty carts and put it on the 801 from RMV. The cart was well filled. Before I vaped off of it, I decided I wanted to put a few drops on the atty. I pulled off the cart and the filler did not come with it, it stayed stuck on the atty. I tried this several times and every time the filler stays stuck to the atty. I then put one of the carts on the atty that came with the janty stick and took it back off and it did not get stuck!

So I am thinking that the carts I got with the janty are for low bridge 801 atty's, so do I have to get different carts for the high bridge atty's I purchased from RMV or am I totally off base here? If I do need different carts for the RMV atty's can someone suggest a place to purchase them?

I also ordered more 801 atty's from Totally Wicked this evening (sorry dave, I love RMV, but totally wicked prices couldn't be beat) as well as 20 or 30 carts from ruyan direct. I believe the atty's from TW are low bridge atty's so if I am right about low bridge atty's and high bridge atty needing different carts... which atty will the carts from ruyan fit?

If I am totally off please let me know why my cart filler only sticks to the 801 atty's purchased at RMV!

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
That makes sense... but what is happening here does not! The atty could not have been hot as it was a brand new atty I put the cart on and took it off before the atty was ever used and the filler stuck to the cart. I tried with several of the new atty's from RMV (which I believe are high) and it happened with each one. I then tried with the atty that came with the janty stick and the cart came off with the filler as it is supposed to.

I have actually liked dripping better, but would like the option to fill a cart now and again. I was hoping their was a cart that worked better with the high bridge atty's then the carts I have.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I think what is happening is the batting is hitting the high bridge and tangling the threads and pulls out, it isn't melting. I've had this happen. Could be that the attys were built a bit odd, and the bridge is a little too high? Could be a manufacturing thing. I have some that seem extra high when compared to other high bridge.

Which mouthpiece cartridges are you using? I use the soft tips for high bridge and hard tip carts (from my old RN4072) for low bridge since they are a tad longer. The difference in length isn't by much, but enough to cause problems.

You don't really notice the difference in the cartridges unless compared side by side when you line up the line on the black mouth piece where the atomizer butts up against it when it is inserted. It was an AH HA! moment for me when I found that out so now I make sure the right mouthpiece is on.

DigDreams

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Oldsmar, FL
I use the high-bridge (soft tip) carts with both the high and low bridge 801 atomizers and I don't have any problem. If you use the cart in a high bridge and switch to a low bridge sometimes you have to rinse out the batting and "fluff it up" a little. The batting will come right up to the edge of the cart when used in the low bridge, but will be pushed in slightly with the high bridge.

Are you "twisting" your cart when you put it on or take it off? I found that is what normally causes the batting to get stuck in the atomizer. Make sure to put it stright on and pull it straight off and dont' ever twist it while attached and you probably won't have a problem any more.

I have not tried the low bridge carts yet, but if you want soft-tips you can get them from MyVaporStore.com.

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
I wish I knew which cartridges I am using... urgh.

The only cartridges I have now are the ones I got with Janty Stick V2.

I have ordered more carts from ruyan direct, they are these carts:

10pc empty cartridges for DSE801 pen e-cig - Cartridges - Heaven-gifts.com Ruyandirect.com Best E-smoking Shop=

So now I have two questions... Are the ones I ordered from ruyan high-bridge or low bridge and where can I pick up the ones they are not. Considering I have both high bridge and low bridge atty's I'd like to have the proper cart for each!

Wow, they really do not make all this easy, do they!

emsmom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
Arizona
The 801 carts I have from Ruyan are the soft tip for the high bridge atty and from your link, they appear to be the same as I have - the soft tip. This makes sense, since Wayne sells the high bridge 801 atty. These are a slightly flexible rubber, rather than the hard plastic. Hellen is correct about the slight difference in size, both in length and width, but you have to look very carefully to see this. I have found the same thing you have, the hard plastic carts work better with the low bridge attys and the softer tip carts work better with high bridge attys. I also find the actual fit is much better when you use them this way. They click in nice and tight. If I try to use the soft tip cart on a low bridge atty, it just doesn't click in tight, it is too loose. Once you see and compare these two carts, your confusion will end. It is very obvious which you have by simply looking at the mouth piece. Hard glossy plastic = low bridge, softer rubber, more of a matte finish = high bridge. Hope this helps clear this up for you?

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
I am SO SO SO confused! So the carts that I purchased from ruyan are the soft tip for the high bridge atty (which is cool because I have a handful of high bridge attys here without carts)

So the cart I now need for the atomizers that came with the Janty as well as the low bridge atty's I have on the way from TotallyWicked are the hard tip carts for low bridge attys.

I think I get it but... DigDreams provided a link to the high-bridge ones whith the soft tips at MyVaporStore.com. If I got this all straight, those are the ones I already have on the way from ruyan.

So where can I get hard tip carts for low bridge attys. It does not look like any of the places I see that sells these carts on-line tells you if they are hard or soft tip. It would make sence to assume that if I buy them were I got the atty's they would be the correct cart, but I wanted to take advantage of the cheap prices TW had for the attys with the sale and they don't have any 801 carts. So if anybody has a good suggestion as to where to purchase these, please share!

Thanks a bunch

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
1. try dripping you will never go back to carts.
2. don't twist cart out but rather pull it out vertically.
3. try to fill you carts less , with less filling

Thanks for the reply. I am not looking for pointers though on how to better use the carts. The carts I purchased are not the proper carts for my atty's and I would like to purchase the correct ones.

I do drip, but I also want the option to fill a cart and go on a long drive whatever.

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
My best advice is to try and find out who manufacturers your atty's and buy carts specifically designed for those. Otherwise it's all a guessing game and trial and error.

The high bridge that RMV sell are Sailebao, as I confirmed with them through email. Ask around to potential suppliers and find out if their carts are for the Sailebao 801 atty's.

As for hard tipped carts for the low bridge atty's, Janty has some for sale, they are called Refill Carts.

http://www.jantyusa.com/index.php?p...=flypage.tpl&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=177

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Moorea,
Try starting a thread, either in general or asking for the product in the Supplier's forum? That will get you several options I'd bet. Bumping here is only bringing up that this is a thread on atomizer help, not that now it is a cartridge issue question.

BTW, I've looked a bit, but can't tell what suppliers are offering at their websites (no description, bad photos or none). I've never had to buy them (mine are from the old RN4072 kits I bought back in February). If I come across something, I'll PM you.
Cheers!

SSRob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
Oklahoma! USA
www.vaporkings.com
OK, here is what I know based on what's sitting in front of me...this is going to be long so top your cartridge off...LOL

I measured three cartridge to see how long the portion of the cartridge is that actually goes into the atomizer tube "fully seated". See notes at bottom for where they came from.

My measurements are:

CARTRIDGES
Janty branded (hard plastic): 25mm
SLB DSE801 (soft plastic): 25mm
RN style #1: not available
RN style #2 (hard plastic): 26mm

I then measured four different atomizers that I have. See notes at bottom for where they came from.

ATOMIZERS
Measuring depth from the top lip of the atomizer tube to the top portion of the atomizer bridge:

Janty (low bridge): 22mm
RN style #1 (low bridge): 22mm
RN style #2 (low bridge): 24mm
SLB DSE801 (high bridge): 18mm

Measuring depth from the top lip of the atomizer tube to the top portion of the atomizer cup itself:

Janty (low bridge): 25.5mm
RN style #1 (low bridge): 26mm
RN style #2 (low bridge): 27mm
SLB DSE801 (high bridge): 27mm

Measuring overall length of atomizers:

Janty (low bridge): 48mm
RN style #1 (low bridge): 48mm
RN style #2 (low bridge): 50mm
SLB DSE801 (high bridge): 50mm

It's easy to see that the RN style #2 cartridges might bottom out against the atomizer cup in the Janty and RN style #1 atomizers but work fine in the RN style #2 and SLB atomizer. This could result in cut off airflow.

The parts:

The Janty's were bought from Janty with my JantyStick. The atomizer is a 2 hole and they are visible on the INNER diameter of the threads.

The RN style #1 was either from a SmokingEverywhere or a e-SmokeyTreats Penstyle kit bought back in March. It is a four hole atomizer and they are visible on the OUTER diameter of the threads. I did not have a cartridge to test.

The RN style #2's were bought directly from Wye Industrial, Shenzhen China. # of holes not known or visible.

The DSE801's were bought directly from SLB factory, Shenzhen China. The atomizer is four hole and they are not visible.

It is up to the resellers to disclose to the customer exactly what they are buying. Obviously Janty is going to sell Janty compatible cartridges. But a smaller vendor might buy cartridges from one factory and atomizers from another and they not be fully compatible with each other. There are obvious differences and possibly even more amongst models that I don't have at my disposal. Perhaps someone else that has KNOWN parts (not just I think it came from...) can measure them.

This is just what I have available to me...your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread