igo-w coil/wick build for flavour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxtn12

Feb 1, 2014
Port Moody BC
Hello,
I got my first mech mod, a clone astro and igo-w. Leaning towards flavour vs cloudchasing

I am just so confused with traditional wrap, compressed wrap, nano coil, micro coil, dragon coil, dual coil quad coil cotton, silica eckowool etc etc

any recomendation for a build with igo-w that has worked for you????

oh.. i got one of the holes drilled bigger

Thanks a lot!!!!

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Depends on the juice I think, some will work better under intense heat, others not at all.
Wicking depends on your preference really, but I personally will only use cotton, I think it provides the cleanest flavor.
For coils, same thing, its very subjective, but majority consensus will likely point you toward a micro coil.

This used to be my basic build for my igo-w:

117fc7q.jpg

Also, forgot to add, start small on drilling out the airholes on your igo-w. If you are a lung inhaler, then wont really matter much, but for mouth to lung hits, be careful not to go too wide.

Last edited:

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Thanks for the reply!
I will try cotton and do dual micro coil.
followup question... what gauge wire and how many wraps?

great pics hawaiipvr:)

30 ga Kanthal is the most popular and the number of wraps needed to get to 2 to 2.6 ohms on each coil when checked on a multimeter (you do have a multimeter right?)

Dual coil builds need to be built at twice the ohms of single coil and need to be built as close to identical as possible (two coils in parallel cut the resistance of each coil in half ie: two 2.6 ohm coils will read as 1.3 ohms) if you build 1 coil at 2 ohms and 1 coil at 2.4 ohms the smaller ohms will fire and burn eliquid before the larger ohm coil ever fires.

Be safe and be careful not to go to low on your resistance until you know what your batteries can handle

hope this helps

Depends on the juice I think, some will work better under intense heat, others not at all.
Wicking depends on your preference really, but I personally will only use cotton, I think it provides the cleanest flavor.
For coils, same thing, its very subjective, but majority consensus will likely point you toward a micro coil.

This used to be my basic build for my igo-w:

117fc7q.jpg

Also, forgot to add, start small on drilling out the airholes on your igo-w. If you are a lung inhaler, then wont really matter much, but for mouth to lung hits, be careful not to go too wide.

Thats my exact setup.. Magneto with Igo-w lol

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
so to summarize for the igo-w flavour set up would be
1. cotton
2. dual coil 1-1.4 ohms (setting up each coil for 2-2.6 ohms)
3. higher pg ejuice

that about right? :)

IMHO, you don't need higher PG for more flavor; it really depends on the quality of your e-juice. For now, just stick to whatever juice you have until you get your device setup and working good.

PackMan

Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
United States
Yeah the best way to maximize your flavor is to have the correct setup. Then from there you can get better juices and it will be a whole new level, takes some practice but you will get there!

Where does one get these better juices? I've been getting from Mt. Baker Vapor and I'm getting what I'm paying for I think.

iamzg

ECF Veteran
Yeah great thread so far. Try Ahlusion, Suicide Bunny, Pink Spot Vapors, etc etc etc. There's a ton of reviews on the e-liquid forum that can steer you in the right direction, but it's really the shotgun effect. Order it, try it, love or hate it.

Don't throw any juice away as they change when they steep! Some stuff I liked my first few weeks I hate now and some stuff that made me ill I vape every day. I went 1/16th on my igo, seems to be adequate air flow for any ohm build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread