im debating between a smok x cube 2 or a ipv 3 li. Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epav420vapE

Moved On
Sep 1, 2015
Louisiana
So my last post was between snow wolf and ipv 3 li. i was set on the ipv 3 li. but i cam across the smok x cube. it looks nice, has a good price (so does the ipv 3 li) i am still a kanthal user, kind of looking to get into temp control (like the idea of no dry hits)

on my rdas i usually build anywhere from .3 ohm to .1. i cant run below .2 on my ipv 2 mini, and my ohm meter only reads as 0.2 does not go further. im looking to get a new ohm meter soon that will read 0.2x so i can be more accurate.

does anyone have any experience with both the x cube 2 and the ipv 3 li, wich did you like more? wich seems better on temp control?

any reccomendations on a good ohm reader also?

i saw that the coil master diy kit comes with one, but they have yet to reply to me on how low the ohm reader displays.

Epav420vapE

Moved On
Sep 1, 2015
Louisiana
if i could buy them all i would. but i cant afford that with 2 kids and a wife that doesnt work. its all part of the struggle of quiting smoking. atm im looking for a good juice vendor that isnt pricey like the brik n mortar shops around here. but been going strong for a year now. and have 100% pure vg for when i run out and inbetween buys. but it has a funny taste to me. lol. just looking for a new regulated mod b.c my ipv2 mini the fire button isnt working all the time.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    if i could buy them all i would. but i cant afford that with 2 kids and a wife that doesnt work. its all part of the struggle of quiting smoking. atm im looking for a good juice vendor that isnt pricey like the brik n mortar shops around here. but been going strong for a year now. and have 100% pure vg for when i run out and inbetween buys. but it has a funny taste to me. lol. just looking for a new regulated mod b.c my ipv2 mini the fire button isnt working all the time.

Yeah I was just producing dry humor .... All of us would probably buy everything if we thought we could. Nothing wrong with 100% VG...I have tried it....Tastes a bit funny for sure but at least ya get some fog for sure.

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    i did see that but my only con about it is that it can't fire below .2 so if i build lower i would have to use my mod anyways. i like a good .15 - .2 coil. but it defeats the purpose of it if i cant fire it on the device. do you have any experience with the ohm meter in the diy kit from them?
    What do you mean? In wattage mode, the XCube II will fire down to 0.1 ohms. In temp control mode, it will fire down to 0.06 ohms. I have one and it works great. With the firmware update that was released yesterday (1.091), it also now supports stainless steel in temp control mode. The battery life is pretty darn good. With a pair of fully charged LG HG2 batteries, I've gone through almost 4 tanks of juice and the batteries finally needed to be charged after 42 hours.

I personally don't like YiHi chips. In my experience I feel they are lacking in the temp control department, especially the 330 chip. I had the IPV4, and currently have the Sigelei 150 and whenever I use it in temp control mode, I have gotten dry, burnt hits. Just vape the wick bone dry or take a super long hit, and you will get the start of a blast at the back of your throat of burning juice/cotton.

SelakQ

Sep 1, 2015
    So my last post was between snow wolf and ipv 3 li. i was set on the ipv 3 li. but i cam across the smok x cube. it looks nice, has a good price (so does the ipv 3 li) i am still a kanthal user, kind of looking to get into temp control (like the idea of no dry hits)

on my rdas i usually build anywhere from .3 ohm to .1. i cant run below .2 on my ipv 2 mini, and my ohm meter only reads as 0.2 does not go further. im looking to get a new ohm meter soon that will read 0.2x so i can be more accurate.

does anyone have any experience with both the x cube 2 and the ipv 3 li, wich did you like more? wich seems better on temp control?

any reccomendations on a good ohm reader also?

i saw that the coil master diy kit comes with one, but they have yet to reply to me on how low the ohm reader displays.
    Hi I am not a big fan of SMOK products as they appear somehow poorly engineered and cheap material choices.
    There is always something wrong with a SMOK mod. the SMOK Xcube II us the predecessor of a horrible line gone wrong and even the SMOK Cube II when I was holding it was not love at first sight so I chose I will stay without another SMOK.
    the IPV 3 is used by a good friend and he is in love with it.
    In regards to the Temp controlled vaping - I grew a huge fan of the Joyetech Evic VT. I might always say that but thats just a great piece and Joyetech always seems to deliver. I would definitely consider it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread