IMPORTANT PLEASE REVIEW Regarding the future of VAPING

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianProgrammer

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2015
USA Milwaukee
OK Is this serious or are we talking about negligible parts per million here folks seriously ?!?!!?

YouTube Post :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4wLf0IGac4
Independent study of Suicide Bunnies E juice https://soundcloud.com/vp-live/suicide-bunny-e-liquids-test-positive
I personally am a bit worried but this might just be parts per million.
I stumbled upon some scientists research where most of the ejuices he tested contained diacetyl and or acetyl propionyl.
I freaking want the list of companies that didn't have it ya know .. hell even the specific juices from them that were tested
But seriously I could just be freaking out and this is really just negligible parts per million.

In this vein, a guy at work mentioned the new recent rededit article about too hot addys releasing formaldehyde and other carcinogens
as we get all new coil build, hot vape happy , are the materials we use not safe as they release elements into our yummy vapor..!??!?!

Lol I'm soo confused ..<<< <. ( Hits vape hard as hell and growls ) :confused:

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
from what ive heard, that formaldehyde is only released when you are vaping so hot that the vapor will singe your lungs and burn the crap out of your tongue. aka something that you would never vape in the first place. ie: youd have to go out of your way to pump enough power into that coil to produce formaldehyde, and even if you did reach those temperatures, it would basically be unvapable? It's akin to saying a spoon is dangerous, if you drop it and somehow land face first into it if the spoon itself lands uupright, and are lucky enough to land with your eyeball on the spoon so it scoops out your eyeball.

Last edited:

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Dr. Farsalinos is a well respected researcher in the e-cigarette community. Ecigarette Research - Advocates Group.

I believe he has secured the funds for his study on Temperature of evaporation, liquid consumption and vapor analysis in realistic conditions.

If you're concerned about diketones (diacetyl, Acetoin, and/or Acetyl Propionyl), you can try to avoid any "custard, creamy, rich, bakery" type flavors, and stay with tobaccos/fruits.

You can also deal with vendors who specifically list on their website (or on each flavor page) whether diketones are used/possibly present. Ahlusion and Nicoticket do this.

You could DIY and only use ingredients/vendors who verify ingredients or you could try vaping unflavored. Many members here choose to vape with no flavoring and enjoy it.

What are Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl and Acetoin?

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
acrolein...
(aka propenal, acraldehyde, acrylic aldehyde, allyl aldehyde or ethylene aldehyde)

that is the aldehyde produced from burning vg too hot.

Wikipedia said:
It is a colourless liquid with a piercing, disagreeable, acrid smell. The smell of burnt fat (as when cooking oil is heated to its smoke point)

source... Acrolein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Seriously?????

Damn, it's hard enough dealing with this kind of stuff in the MSM, now ECF is going to be inundated with threads titled:
IMPORTANT SCARY PLEASE REVIEW Regarding the future of VAPING

yes...

and we now have a dedicated few members who are going to keep pushing the issue... on every stinkin' thread. :facepalm:

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
As per usual the results were the exact intended before they were run. Five volts and a one hundred second draw. Yep don't think I will try that at home.

THis^^^^^^^^ Exactly what I was going to post :) thank you!

Even free divers cannot inhale fresh air for 100 seconds before diving. I cannot believe how many times in the past week or so that I have seen reference to the article that began this latest e-cig hatred. Mostly people taking the study the artcle refers to completely out of context.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I don't understand where the 100 second puff comes from. This is what the pdf of the study says in the original link--

The aerosolized liquid was col- lected in an NMR spectroscopy tube (10 50-ml puffs over 5 minutes; 3 to 4 seconds per puff).

[url. nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMc1413069]MMS: Error

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I don't understand where the 100 second puff comes from. This is what the pdf of the study says in the original link--

[url. nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJMc1413069]MMS: Error

5 - 11 ml of juice used per puff.... Im still amazed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread