Improvement on Joyetech Ego AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casp

Sep 20, 2012
UK
Hi

Not actually a new member, I registered years ago. I only vaped for a few months until dropping it completely. I ended up smoking again a year or two back before moving to a joyetech Ego AIO.

In my limited experience it seems a good option in that it gives a nice hit and doesn't leak, but also flawed in how often it overheats and the coils last no time at all. I regularly get a burning taste so I took it to a shop for advice and they said the liquid I used had some dodgy ingredient that damaged the hardware.

Before I buy another can anyone tell me, is there a better vape kit that improves on the negative points I've mentioned? I just want something reliable and uncomplicated, providing a reasonable hit like the Ego AIO but I'm not fussed about clouds.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. If you are not set upon a fixed battery machine, you could look at a iStick Pico starter kit. They're cheap, reliable and work. The tank it comes with is OK-but-not-great, so a decent and not hideously expensive upgrade would be a Nautilus tank for MTL, a Crown for DL, both with drop-in coils, or a Serpent SMM if you are a coil builder. If you want a fixed battery mod, I'll leave a specific recommendation to others as I don't use or like them. But until one shows up, feel free to browse Innokin's webiste as they make good gear and have a bunch that might suit your needs.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Casp

Sep 20, 2012
UK
Thanks guys. I was unsure about battery, fixed seems easier but are they as good? Do the non-fixed have a longer life? Whatever has less reliability problems/potential extra cost issues/extra parts that might fail is what I'm after. Particularly as the Pico starter kit appears to be double the price of the Ego AIO...though it looks great.

Anyone else got any recommendations as I don't know what I'm doing to be honest?!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The disadvantage of fixed wattage setups can be if they are too high wattage for you, you have no way to adjust them. Some folks are fans of the Innoken T-series, but they are lower wattage fixed setups that seem to have tanks really designed to handle that wattage. That might be an inexpensive option.

I usually recommend a Zelos setup to new users wanting an upgrade from an AIO. You can get a 50 watt variable wattage mod with a Nautilus 2 tank on top, or a 75 watt model with the same tank that does TC. I think the former would probably be enough for your needs though. You can probably find good prices by using vapecrawler.com (although these are sponsored links you can sometimes find great deals). The N2 is a MTL tank and gets fairly good reviews.

Your other option would be to get a one or two battery box mod with external batteries. It will be more expensive but it will be something you can learn and grow on.

Other great MTL tanks: The ego Mega One V2 (but use the Joytech CLR coil, not the CL one it comes with, same with the Tron-S tank. The Joytech CLR coil is a thing of beauty at 1.0 resistance. Fantastic coil life, and can be rewicked and rebuilt extremely easily. I like the Vapefly Nicolas tank, it's a slightly airier MTL tank. Not everyone likes it though I think it's a neat little tank though it's not in my daily rotation like the CLR tanks are (there is a dedicated thread for those coils). I guess other options might be a Vapresso tank which uses EUC ceramic coils, these can be obtained at 1.0 resistance as well, and great flavor. I believe they make a temperature controlled 0.5 version but please don't quote me on that, I could be wrong. They also get good coil life and decent flavor.

Good luck, the choices can be dizzying, but you will surely find something you like.

Anna

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The eGo AIO uses the 0.6ohm BF coils.

I use these every day except they are used in a tank on a variable power mod. That way, you can run them at the best power for getting the coil to last, which is less than the AIO delivers fresh off the charger. I get 6 days on average (for my £1.00 genuine Joyetech coils, bought from China) and the beauty of the variable power is that you can stop the dreaded gurgling too if you need to. Less than 20p a day on coils! (How much do UK shops charge, I wonder....:eek: )

You are limited in the UK (Europe) on your choices.
I personally don't like the tank that comes with the iStick Pico very much by the way.

My recommendation, if you don't want to source tanks and coils from China is to go down the Aspire route instead.

.. and you are very unlikely to ever solve coil life problems without a battery where you can turn it up or down. Too many folk buy a simple e-cig and then hand over their cash on coils because fixed battery power is a pain when things don't go well.

• Useful

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Hi

Not actually a new member, I registered years ago. I only vaped for a few months until dropping it completely. I ended up smoking again a year or two back before moving to a Joyetech Ego AIO.

In my limited experience it seems a good option in that it gives a nice hit and doesn't leak, but also flawed in how often it overheats and the coils last no time at all. I regularly get a burning taste so I took it to a shop for advice and they said the liquid I used had some dodgy ingredient that damaged the hardware.

Before I buy another can anyone tell me, is there a better vape kit that improves on the negative points I've mentioned? I just want something reliable and uncomplicated, providing a reasonable hit like the Ego AIO but I'm not fussed about clouds.
Dodgy eliquid ingredient that somehow damaged the hardward...? Sounds like a dodgy shop trying to get you to buy something else. Shouldn't be anything wrong with the hardware but maybe he ment the juice is to high VG and the coil can't keep up. I'd suggest 70% as a max on them. Some people buy max VG juice because it creates more clouds but it won't if it can't keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread