Incorrect resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calebss214

Aug 2, 2016
Hi,
I've just started vaping (decided to pack in smoking) and I am currently using the E-Leaf Istick 40W TC With the aspire Nautilus Mini tank, I'm using the standard coils supplied with the tank (1.8 Ohms) but on the box it's saying a resistance of 2.04 Ohms? Is there any reason for this? It may be a simple solution but I'm new to this vaping thing so just wanted to get a better understanding, also any tips for the Istick and nautilus mini to get the best performance would be appreciated, cheers

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on quitting smoking. :thumbs:

I'm not sure why the box (you mean your mod?) is saying the resistance is 2.04 ohms. :unsure: Nautilus coils are only available in 1.8 ohm to the best of my knowledge. It's not uncommon for coils to vary +/- by 0.2 ohms right out of the package, so I wouldn't be too concerned with this miniscule difference. Coils will increase in resistance as they are used over time. Expect the coils to last anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks, at which point the flavor will become increasingly muted.

Regulated mod's may also vary in the accuracy of their built-in resistance and voltage meters.

Main tip that I can give you is to be sure that you adequately "prime" each new coil before you install it into your tank. This simply means to totally saturate the wick (cotton) without getting e-liquid into the center air chamber. You'll probably become familiar with the terms "flooding" or "dry hits" at some point. Read the vaping tips in my blog to learn how to avoid both:

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices

Last edited:
Reactions: BrotherBob

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
Every mod reads the resistance different. I can put my tank, either a nauti or a sub ohm on a different mod (I have a few different makers) and they each read something different. I have had my nauti coils read 2.00 on my istick 50, put that same tank on my coolfire 4 and it will read a lower resistance than 2.00. It seem that Eleaf mods read a little higher...don't know why, but they do.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Welcome to the forum enjoy. We all love sharing what we have learned with each other one big community.

I personal would NOT worry about it to much. As long as the device can fire the coil and produce flavor and clouds, its working right.

Important part is finding your comfort zone where it is not to hot or burning the juice where your comfortable with the flavor and vapor production (clouds).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread