RDA Infinite CLT V3 vs. Mutation X V3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
So the freakshow is my first and only rda, and while I love it for flavor and vapor I am just thinking about my next rda.

While I'm using the freakshow correctly and not really having any leaking issues, I am looking for an rda that would have less potential to leak, especially in my pocket.

Also while the vapor production is "not too shabby" from the freakshow, I want my next one to at least be on the same level in terms of the vapor production.

And lastly, I do prefer flavor over vapor.

I'm looking at either the Infinite CLT V3 or the Mutation X V3 Project Subohm edition (both sold out everywhere atm of course).

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I got my Mutation X V3 in Friday and I'm loving it. IMO it has plenty of flavor especially if you close the airflow down to one row of airholes and the vapor is great when wide open. I got it from 101vape for $19.99, excellent price for an authentic.

What color did you get it in? I want black if getting the non project Subohm edition but in some pictures the logo looks gold and I hate black and gold.

Do you mean one row in single coil mode or dual coil mode with one row on each side?

And how's the leaking? With all those airholes it looks like it would leak easily.

One more question, sorry, but what other attys have you used? I'm just trying to gauge what your opinion of great flavor is.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I have the black version. I don't know that I'd refer to the color of the logo as gold. Its dull I guess you could say?

Dual coil mode. Haven't run it in single coil.

I havent had issues with leaking so far. All drippers are "messy" to a degree and this one is no exception but has it straight up leaked? No.

Maybe I overstated by using the word "great" but I think the flavor is above average. I have and use a Holmes V2, Plume Veil, Freakshow V2, Troll v1.5, Magma, El Cabron.

Edit: actually I re-read my post. The "great" was in reference to the amount of vapor, just clarifying.

Last edited:

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I have the black version. I don't know that I'd refer to the color of the logo as gold. Its dull I guess you could say?

Dual coil mode. Haven't run it in single coil.

I havent had issues with leaking so far. All drippers are "messy" to a degree and this one is no exception but has it straight up leaked? No.

Maybe I overstated by using the word "great" but I think the flavor is above average. I have and use a Holmes V2, Plume Veil, Freakshow V2, Troll v1.5, Magma, El Cabron.

Edit: actually I re-read my post. The "great" was in reference to the amount of vapor, just clarifying.

How does the flavor compare to your freakshow and troll?

I like the Mutation because of the split center post.
I like the Mutation because of the size (the clt v3 looks taller than a kayfun with its ridiculous 510 adapter)

But I think it will boil down to flavor for me.

P.s.- do you happen to know the diameter of the wide bore included drip tip of the Mutation? Well other normal wide bore press fit tips fit?

I also don't like the super wide bore chuff style the clt v3 kind of forces you to use.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I'd say the flavor is comparable to the Troll (which i find to be good, especially when closed down to one air slot in dual coil mode but its just fine wide open) and that the Freakshow is better than either. The Troll is very similar to the Mutation X but I'm glad to have both.

I like the split center post as well. I believe the Mutation X's wide bore drip tip is 8mm (at least according to Rip Tripper's review). I haven't tried any other wide bore in it but it does come with a 510 adapter as well.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Yeah. I'm starting to lean towards the Infinite. I hate that it's dual coil only but the few reviews I've watched say the flavor is surprisingly good for a "cloud chase" atty. The Mutation is very tempting at 19.99 on 101vapes (clt v3 is $35) but it's out of stock in everything but white and I don't want white.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
There's always the Troll. It's similar and should be easy to find. It's a little more expensive (usually goes for $29.99, so not much more) but worth it.

I'll probably pick up one of the CLTs eventually since I seem to have become addicted to dripping and buying RDAs :laugh:

True. But the Infinite CLT v3 is like brand new and it has so many options! Lol, except single coil mode. But it comes standard with the extreme wide bore opening with two drip tips for that,then a 510 adapter that screws in internally (as opposed to the flat disc that I don't like the looks of that sits on top with the Mutation X) AND a 510 drip tip as well!

The way the airholes are cut in there are also options of where you can position your coils to maximize whatever amount or level of airholes you plan on using for that particular build. The only thing I might not like about it visually is its height in 510 mode... Everyone's going crazy about the derringer and I'm looking at a 3 inch tall atty(exaggerating...I hope)

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
If I could find the Derringer in stock I'd buy it.

Have you checked out the El Cabron? I'm very impressed with it so far. It comes with two top caps, one accepts a wide bore tip (seems to be about the same size as the MutXs) as well as a normal 510 tip with a delrin adapter built on it and then it comes with a SS chuff style cap that's redonkulously large if you want to go that route. Single and dual coil options. I've only used it in single coil but the flavor is very good and the vapor production seems good even with only one airhole open. Its about $55-60 but definitely worth it IMO.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
If I could find the Derringer in stock I'd buy it.

Have you checked out the El Cabron? I'm very impressed with it so far. It comes with two top caps, one accepts a wide bore tip (seems to be about the same size as the MutXs) as well as a normal 510 tip with a delrin adapter built on it and then it comes with a SS chuff style cap that's redonkulously large if you want to go that route. Single and dual coil options. I've only used it in single coil but the flavor is very good and the vapor production seems good even with only one airhole open. Its about $55-60 but definitely worth it IMO.

But isn't the Derringer purely flavor-chaser? Plus, I was looking for something a little easier to build on with a deeper or at least bigger juice well than my Freakshow.
Haven't looked into the Cabron. Anyway, if I got a Derringer I would def get a clone. No way I'm paying $50+ for a tiny thing like that.

I would go with the Mutation X except all the things I've heard about the good flavor from the Infinite. I haven't heard much about the flavor of the Mutation X besides from the two that first replied to my thread (no offense). Plus I feel like there might be more potential for leaking issues with the Mut X than the CLT.

Plus, has anyone looked at this thing?? It looks awesome! lol.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wIOIBA&usg=AFQjCNH5JzhxYvqwzACnIHmsX_8xQrLNOA

BluzKing

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I have both (CLT V3, NOT sub-Ohm) and Mutation X V3, and I would agree that the CLT is a little more flavorful, but I almost find myself choosing the Mutation off of my rack if both are there. I also have the Troll which is my most used RDA of all. I like the deeper juice well on both the Troll and the Mutation, although the CLT is a great RDA. I think it'll boil down to your personal preference, and that's tough unless you've got both to choose from. Choose both!

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I have both (CLT V3, NOT sub-Ohm) and Mutation X V3, and I would agree that the CLT is a little more flavorful, but I almost find myself choosing the Mutation off of my rack if both are there. I also have the Troll which is my most used RDA of all. I like the deeper juice well on both the Troll and the Mutation, although the CLT is a great RDA. I think it'll boil down to your personal preference, and that's tough unless you've got both to choose from. Choose both!

Finally! Someone who has both!

So why do you find yourself choosing the Mutation off the rack more?

Why do you use the troll more than the aforementioned two?

dingo1799

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
IL
Mutation v3 with the glass cap. Flavor is just as good if not better than a plume veil without the screen door leakage. :D

And even though this is a clt vs mute thread, since we're talking about flavor, I've come across a couple of REALLY flavorful attys. an authentic zenith, and a CEO Fog clone. Both are a "must have" in my book. Clones or auth, idk how much it'd matter.

Last edited:

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Mutation v3 with the glass cap. Flavor is just as good if not better than a plume veil without the screen door leakage. :D

And even though this is a clt vs mute thread, since we're talking about flavor, I've come across a couple of REALLY flavorful attys. an authentic zenith, and a CEO Fog clone. Both are a "must have" in my book. Clones or auth, idk how much it'd matter.

What glass cap...?

dingo1799

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
IL
What glass cap...?

Indulgence, which I believe is the originator of the mutation, has a glass cap which takes place of the sleeve and top on the mute x v2 and v3, and turns it into a completely different atomizer.
image.jpg

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Indulgence, which I believe is the originator of the mutation, has a glass cap which takes place of the sleeve and top on the mute x v2 and v3, and turns it into a completely different atomizer.
View attachment 415773

Hmm... Interesting but doesn't that defeat the whole blade airflow thing that makes it so distinctive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread