Innokin VV V3 - Charging - "Standard MICRO USB Cable" POWERED by Computer OR Wall Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The iTaste VV V3 is charged through a Micro USB Port. You can recharge it with any standard MicroUSB cable. It can also work as a pass-through device for simultaneous vaping and charging."

I see it comes with the "
Micro USB (Space Saving) Compression Charger" which attaches to a USB port.

I also have read it is not advisable to use the computer USB port. So - confusion.

Would it be "safe" to use a JoyeTech AC/DC Wall adapter and plug the USB cable in it? Rating says: 4.2 Volts DC @ 420ma. on the adapter.

Thanks ......... I have NOT purchased it yet; just looking.

Tom

zeroclue

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Barnsley, UK
I have the itaste V3 (in chameleon) :)

I have been charging using retractable USB charge wire (came with V3) + separate wall plug (USB slot/mains) that I bought from the same vendor.

I did ask about laptop charging on here and was recommended against it, basically to protect the laptop if anything does happen.

hth, the V3 is awesome btw!

bogmonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I've used my laptop to charge both my ego spinners and my vv3 with no problems.
Caveats:
1) Some laptop USB ports (or powered USB hubs) may be underpowered so you won't reach a full charge (but close enough)
2) Don't leave your batteries plugged in and unmonitored for long periods.This goes for the wall warts as well.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Caveats:
1) Some laptop USB ports (or powered USB hubs) may be underpowered so you won't reach a full charge (but close enough)
2) Don't leave your batteries plugged in and unmonitored for long periods.This goes for the wall warts as well.

This. :thumb: Best option is an USB/AC wall adaptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread