Introducing Myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sputnik-Spooner

May 31, 2018
Greetings ECF!

I am Sputnik-Spooner and I live in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. I am only two weeks into vaping and I am looking forward to learning as much as I can. The only smoking I do is a cigar three or four times a year. There is no nicotine in my juices.

Three years ago I bought my wife a crappy e-cig to help her quit filtharettes. She liked vaping but the device itself was a pain in the .... The contact from the battery was not sprung, and had to be "teased" upwards with a slim screwdriver or other tool to ensure that contact was made. I can't remember the brand but it looked very close to Kangartech's EVOD- two in one box, just like the EVOD. Anyways, I'm not trying to point fingers and I'm not even sure of the brand. I threw them in the ......n trash after I bought her an eLeaf iStick, which has proved to be durable and is exactly what she needed.

I'm a hobbyist. I like gadgets, I like things with a learning curve, so I started watching vaping vids on YT and asking lots of questions to local vape store owners. I met a gal with an iJoy Diamond PD270 and she was enthusiastic about it, so I went out and bought one for myself. I later learned that settings on the device can't be locked, which is a bit ....ty, but all in all I'm pretty happy with it- besides:what the .... do I know- I just started my second week of vaping! I am resigned to the hit that my wallet is about to take. I've already bought the basics to make ejuice. Next will be another mod and a step up to rebuildables. Before long I know I'm going to be fielding questions from my wife such as "why are there spools of wire all over the house?"

Er, I'm getting tired of typing, and I didn't start out with an epic introduction in mind- so I will enjoy meeting you all and thanks for having me!

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Greetings ECF!

I am Sputnik-Spooner and I live in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. I am only two weeks into vaping and I am looking forward to learning as much as I can. The only smoking I do is a cigar three or four times a year. There is no nicotine in my juices.

Three years ago I bought my wife a crappy e-cig to help her quit filtharettes. She liked vaping but the device itself was a pain in the .... The contact from the battery was not sprung, and had to be "teased" upwards with a slim screwdriver or other tool to ensure that contact was made. I can't remember the brand but it looked very close to Kangartech's EVOD- two in one box, just like the EVOD. Anyways, I'm not trying to point fingers and I'm not even sure of the brand. I threw them in the ......n trash after I bought her an eLeaf iStick, which has proved to be durable and is exactly what she needed.

I'm a hobbyist. I like gadgets, I like things with a learning curve, so I started watching vaping vids on YT and asking lots of questions to local vape store owners. I met a gal with an iJoy Diamond PD270 and she was enthusiastic about it, so I went out and bought one for myself. I later learned that settings on the device can't be locked, which is a bit ....ty, but all in all I'm pretty happy with it- besides:what the .... do I know- I just started my second week of vaping! I am resigned to the hit that my wallet is about to take. I've already bought the basics to make ejuice. Next will be another mod and a step up to rebuildables. Before long I know I'm going to be fielding questions from my wife such as "why are there spools of wire all over the house?"

Er, I'm getting tired of typing, and I didn't start out with an epic introduction in mind- so I will enjoy meeting you all and thanks for having me!

Welcome fellow Canadian... and in Kingston, you're a stone's throw away from lots of vape stores, AND DIY stores.. another killer hobby.

I started small, and now have a complete desk dedicated to vaping, with more mods, tanks, rebuilding gear, and DIY stock than some stores I've been in.

Reactions: dems86

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm a hobbyist. I like gadgets, I like things with a learning curve,
Welcome and glad you joined.
I hear you, I vape zero nic too. DIY is recommended for most vapers after they settle down and establish there technique and equipment. You sound like an exception, if you enjoy wrenching the spigot and raping your mouth around a fire hydrant of information, go for it. Here a quick intro:
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
DIY e-liquids. learn how to make your own e-liquids
The Ultimate Guide on How To Make Vape Juice & E-Liquid
https://godofsteam.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/getting-started-diy-101-mixing-your-own-eliquid/
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...ginners_guide_to_making_the_most_highlyrated/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...es-and-safety-for-the-first-time-juicer.5096/
For questions concerning above, you could post in: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forums/diy-e-liquid.38/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread