Ipv mini question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparmanmike

Feb 7, 2013
Bear DE, USA
Hey forum. So i got a question. I just got my ipv mini and a lg he2 battery. Been vaping over 2 years but this is my 1st mod with a removeable battery. Went from a halo, to volcano inferno, to an mvp 2 and istick. So yeah, needless to say this ipv has been great! Question though. When i take a hit my battery level drops. On a fresh battery for the 1st hour or 2 when i would fire it, the level showed a drop to between 1/4 - 1/2, then right back up to full. Now its dropping closer to 3/4 empty, then back to showing full. Now is this normal? Is it a normal characteristic of this mod? One the dropping of the level and 2 the drop so much? I know yall love details so here they are.

Lemo with 1.7 ohm build
Lg he2 18650
Set to 13 watts

It may be a "noobish" question, but after years of hearing horror stories of batteries blowing up and everything, i just want to be ultra safe. Is this battery sag normal? I would imagine a slight drop yes, but such a big drop? While still showing full charge? Its making me kinda iffy to really turn the power up on this thing. Would the higher resistence of my coil build make the battery strain more or something? Did i get a crap battery?

Even though i rarely post im on here all the time for various reasons and have gotten a ton of info on vaping in general. Still learn new things everyday. So i figured if i could get any answeres, this place would be the best. Thoughts? Concerns? Any other random comments? Thanks!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No need to worry. You have a Good Quality battery.
The Drop you see is nothing more than a Power Generation Monitor. i.e. it is showing Current Draw Not actual Battery Drain. That is why it pops right back up on release of the firing button.

Funny thing, My Samsung 25R's react much like your HE
My MNKE's barely show a drop...........But drain much sooner. Only 1500mah
My MNKE's are Bottom Run units, hard to find and handle 30 amp draws without even heating up.:D

Moparmanmike

Feb 7, 2013
Bear DE, USA
Alright sweet man. Thanks! I did a good amount of research about battery brands before ordering, found a good amount of info that may or may not be considered "blasphamy" (sony dont make ANY 18650s, the efest 35a is a rewrapped lg, ect) but from what i could tell theres alot of fans of these batteries. And with that and being a fan of LG in general (sure theres better i know i know, but for the price, 3 cell phones and 2 flatscreens later im happy) i felt pretty good that this was a great choice.

But i know theres bad batches of everything, and with this being my 1st expereince with batts, thought that maybe i coulda just got a bad one? I hear lots of good things on those samsungs too. It was actually hard to decide which to get. But in all reality ill probably get one more lg and 2 samsungs. Ive heard of the MNKE were real good too, but theres alot of fakes out there? Idk i could be wrong. But i see that they are hard to find, and the lgs seem to be good batts and plentyful.

But thanks again. Definatley eases my mind that its just a "feature" and im not gonna take a hit so big its gonna blow my face off!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread