IPV4S TC mode with Kanthal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hysterix

Aug 1, 2015
Restrictive Red Dot
Hello, well I finally went ahead with a IPV4S and smok TFV4 after deciding to invest slightly more compared to non TC mods and a Lemo 2 as planned. Eagerly waiting on my TF titanium coil to reap the benefits on the upgraded IPV4S.

Question; am running the stock tri coil on smok TVF4 and curiously ran joules mode, 240deg, ni200 settings on IPV4S. Surprisingly voltage readings on mod was alternating and wow my tank wasn't as hot (TFV users could relate) compared to wattage mode.

Googled answers brought me to the previous IPV4 but there were no factual answers in regards to kanthal coil on joules mode, importantly the alternation of voltage readings similar to tc mode. I'm guessing it might be an incidental over heating protection mode?

Hope any experienced vapers with the same setup could share some thoughts or answers.

Vape on!

Captain8308

Sep 3, 2015
Slidell la
Your not actually getting the true voltage when running kanthal on tc mode I have the 4s and have tried kanthal on tc the reason the voltage jumps is that it thinks your running a nickel coil so its trying to keep the coil at whatever temp you have it set for. Therefore giving you a false reading. IMO I find that running kanthal in tc mode does not produce the vapor like running in power mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread