is 100%PG, 100%VG, 100%PEG safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twentyone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Singapore
i have been vaping for some time, 75PG/25VG 12mg nic. and i feel bloated most of the time and have lots of gas in my stomach causing me to have loose stool quite often.

but i dont know which component am i intolerant to.. i would like to try vaping 100% PG, 100% VG and 100%PEG to see which will stop my problem. but before doing so, i would like to ask, is it advisable to try it?

The Hill Giant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Providence
There are many popular juices in all varieties of mix percentages. Many of the most popular are 100% VG, especially. It's also quite common for people to react poorly to PG. What I would recommend is try 100% VG first, as the PG is the most likely culprit. If that doesn't work, try the other 2 options.

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
i have been vaping for some time, 75PG/25VG 12mg nic. and i feel bloated most of the time and have lots of gas in my stomach causing me to have loose stool quite often.

but i dont know which component am i intolerant to.. i would like to try vaping 100% PG, 100% VG and 100%PEG to see which will stop my problem. but before doing so, i would like to ask, is it advisable to try it?

I think for you it may be a combination of things happening. Number one loose stool is almost always tied to a hydration issue when microbes are ruled out. I would try to up my fluid intake significantly for an extended period of time to allow my body systems to regulate the new fluid presence and then I would go to at least a 50vg/50 pg mix. Since you have been vaping for quite some time I doubt the pg sensitivity in your case. It would have surfaced earlier. Salt and potassium are a great help with hydration as well.
Another good guess is quality of eliquid. I cannot help but notice your location... I am not BASHING here please understand. There is evidence of eliquid components having questionable purity and additives in asian countries of origin. I would make sure I am purchasing my DIY materials or my finished ejuice product from a known vendor that siources his materials and that they undergo some type of process to ensure they meet some grades issued by government bodies. I would look to the European Union and the US standards for chemicals (USP) grade comparisons. Gl

twentyone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Singapore
@hillgiant
thanks for the recommendation. i will go search for 100VG in my area and see what i can get.

@springz
thank you for the extended explaination. thereforez, are you suggesting i drink more water and keep myself hydrated to regulate the new fluid? but why 50/50? i have been having this problem since last time, but just that it's really bugging me. so im trying to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread