Is it a health concern if I vape flavoured e-liquids just in mouth and not inhaling them into lungs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokyo87

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
I am vaping and inhaling unflavoured e-liquids in my lungs but I don't want to inhale flavours in my lungs so I am thinking about vaping flavoured e-liquids just in my mouth.

We were told that at the moment just flavours can present a health risk in vaping but we don't just yet know how high or low is this risk so I don't want to risk it with my lungs but I want some taste in my mouth.

Are flavours considered problematic also for mouths or just for lungs?

Is there a possibility that heating flavours can produce some harmful chemicals?

Thank you for answers in advance.

Ianperry

Verified Member
Aug 11, 2016
Scotland
In all honesty, I think 99% of all flavours used in the manufacture of vape juices are as safe as they can possibly be.
In the early days I think there could have been a problem like with the recent vanilla scare. Can't for the life of me recall the exact details, but I believe one of the ingredients of the vanilla was found to be causing a possible lung problem. I think this has now been addressed.

However I must say if you smoked in the past and then moved over to vaping, what you are doing now is thought to be 95% safer than smoking.

Maybe not much help, just my tuppence worth.

Reactions: Izan

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I am vaping and inhaling unflavoured e-liquids in my lungs but I don't want to inhale flavours in my lungs so I am thinking about vaping flavoured e-liquids just in my mouth.

We were told that at the moment just flavours can present a health risk in vaping but we don't just yet know how high or low is this risk so I don't want to risk it with my lungs but I want some taste in my mouth.

Is there a possibility that heating flavours can produce some harmful chemicals?

Who is this we and who gave this information to "we"? These flavors you're concerned about are the same flavors used in the food you eat.....that you place in your mouth everyday.....and some of them are heated.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama

1) Who is 'we'? You got a mouse in your pocket?o_O
    I have not heard this before.:rolleyes:

2) Who said flavors can present a health risk? I want evidence of this. :sneaky:

3) Nicotine is best absorbed through the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose so that is just fine for you to do, if you choose. That is exactly how I smoked cigs back in the day because my lungs would let neither direct lung or mouth to lung inhale. So I inhaled too my mouth and out my nose. :)

4) UK studies show that e-cigs are at least 95% safer than tobacco. :thumbs:

5) You get better "taste" or flavor by exhaling through your nose anyway . ;)

Geek_Verve

Jun 3, 2015
    Fishers, IN
    Enough is enough. If vaping is this much of a health concern to you, you really should probably just stop vaping. The constant creation of threads with "sensationalized" titles will cease.

No kidding. With vapers jumping in on all the hand-wringing, it's no wonder I can't vape in restaurants or bars, anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread