Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
With that being said, taste is still subjective and most of us have messed up taste buds from years of smoking. The juice is only as good as the makers taste buds.

I totally agree with this statement! I smoked for 35 years and even some foods don't taste right sometimes. Yes, taste is subjective, we've established that. Not sure about using a tank vs. dripping (not into the cloud chasing), or comparing one device to another. There can be so many factors at play here.

I've been vaping for over 2 years now and when it comes to flavor descriptions I've kinda learned that this is a general guideline of sorts. I've ordered juices that taste exactly as described and vice versa. I recently ordered an RY4 flavor that was described to taste like "eating a s'more and taking a puff of pipe tobacco." Well...it smells and tastes like unsweetened tea. I've let it breathe and steep for 2 months, still smells and tastes like tea.

I've been DIY'ing for a year or so and thought to myself, "Hey, I can make my own juice to taste exactly as I want it to." NOPE, not the case at all. There's so much chemistry involved other than mixing nic base, flavoring and PG/VG. I have had some great successes and more often than not, catastrophic failures. I've even go so far as to consult a chemistry professor to get his take on the subject and get a bit of info on the ingredients I am using.

All in all, it's a crap shoot IMO. I've spent about as much money on bad juice as good juice. Some bad juices I've given to friends and they love them (go figure!). One thing that has remained a constant is once you find a good juice from a specific vendor, odds are their other juices will taste good to you as well. Such is the case with me for two vendors, G2 and Alloy Blends. I like all of their juices. However, this is not always the case. I love 3 flavors from Alice in Vapeland and the other flavors are blah or don't taste as described.

All I can say is, NO IT'S NOT JUST YOU!! Just keep trying new juices and eventually you'll find what you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread