Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
If you've gained 10 lbs in a year, what's to say you won't continue that trend and gain 50 in 5, like me? There is something going on with vaping and weight gain, for some of us anyway.

There's a lot more going on with my weight than vaping, the problems started 7 or 8 years ago, long before I'd even heard of vaping.

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
Gaining 10lbs in a year isn't uncommon. Most people gain that over the holidays. The problem arises when one doesn't lose the weight. It's common for people to gain fat the older they get, unless they exercise. it's just the way the body works physiologically. I'm in the process presently of losing a massive amount of weight because of my disability which has caused a very sedentary lifestyle. It's a catch 22. I was so discouraged with myself I was ready to do lap-band surgery :(. Instead, like others have stated, I have cut out all carbs for the time being and will introduce them back in slowly once I reach a more reasonable weight. As the weight comes off I have been able to do a few light exercises that I hadn't been able to do before. This has helped in my mobility although there are days I just can't. My doctors have always checked my thyroid to ensure I don't suffer from Hypothyroidism, a condition that causes weight gain, this is just one symptom of it. So far I'm just borderline and not on medication for it. I have read that cigarettes can hide thyroid problems in users so it makes me wonder about your problem OP. I know it's already been mentioned but I agree that a thyroid test should be performed, not just once but periodically. I sincerely hope you find out what's going on. I understand how aggravated you must be with this.

Last edited:

angnjc

Jan 24, 2014
St. Louis, MO.
Geeker, my suggestion (from years of being overweight and years of "diets" I may have a better suggestion) is if you have stayed with the same eliquid company, change companies. That company MAY have a specific ingredient that is hindering your weight loss. Also DO NOT under eat!!!! My experience with weight loss has shown me that if I eat too little I will gain weight. Also some foods (could be milk products, nuts even seasonings) will hinder weight loss. My body is so weird that I have to make sure I eat 3 meals a day along with a snack or two, be almost sedentary and make sure I avoid to much of certain foods (not because of allergies but because they slow my metabolism). As said by other posters here exercise may be the problem, my husband is always moving for 12 hours a day in all kinds of weather and ways and still he will gain weight if he doesn't keep an eye out for trigger foods. Also do not underestimate STRESS, even the effort put into counting calories may induce stress. Stress comes in may forms and most of the time most people don't even realize that they are stressed. The thought of no more cigs could and will put your body in stress and you don't know it.

If it was me I would start with the eliquid, change brands for 2 weeks and see if that helps then move to other things....
try all pg if you can (you could be allergic and the body's way of coping is weight gain)
try all vg
try abstaining for one particular food group
ALL OF THE ABOVE FOR TWO WEEK TRIALS, two weeks should let you know if it is a trigger

Also be sure to find ways to reward yourself, the simple act of a reward raises your endorphins and helps with all forms of stress and weight loss.

Good luck, I hope for the best for you and your health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread