Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hey quick question!

Just got a new screw-in type USB + wall charger for my bloogs, and I'm not sure what it's supposed to be doing lol

The led on the plug part is always red. The USB section led goes from red to blue, but I once read it turns green when charged??

Also there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what the battery led tip is doing. It seems to light up when plugged into my laptop, but not when plugged to the wall, And has both lit and not lit up in each of those situations as well.

I know it charged a battery so it's not broken, I'd just like to know what all this means and find out whats supposed to be happening here lol.. Please explain all the pretty colors to me Bloogers!!

Cheers!

shooter59

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Central Indiana
The light on the plug in stays red all the time it is plugged in. It simply is telling you that there is power to the charger.
The LED on the USB will be red when the battery is charging. Shortly before the battery is fully charged it will flicker a purple color. Normally just a few minutes. When the battery is ready to go, it will turn blue.

As for the battery tip....Yep mine has a mind of it's own too sometimes.

Hey quick question!

Just got a new screw-in type USB + wall charger for my bloogs, and I'm not sure what it's supposed to be doing lol

The led on the plug part is always red. The USB section led goes from red to blue, but I once read it turns green when charged??

Also there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what the battery led tip is doing. It seems to light up when plugged into my laptop, but not when plugged to the wall, And has both lit and not lit up in each of those situations as well.

I know it charged a battery so it's not broken, I'd just like to know what all this means and find out whats supposed to be happening here lol.. Please explain all the pretty colors to me Bloogers!!

Cheers!

Rift

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
NYC
The LED on the wall part of the charger will always stay red. As Shooter mentioned its there just to let you know that its working.

There has been 2 iterations of the USB dongle. They both look physically the same (with the exeption of the middle contact plug) however there LED's have been different. The early on type had a Red/Green combo of colors. When you stuck your battery in the light would be red. When it was fully charge the light would be green. The new ones are Red/Blue when its charging its red when its fully charged its blue. I'm assuming this is to go with there color style.

As far as the battery tip. If you want to get maximum battery charge you should always use the wall adapter. USB wont be able to fully charge the battery. The tip of the battery should lite up when you plug it in to charge. It will then turn off around 5 or so mins after its completely charged. However if your battery is near fully charged and you take it out of the charger and plug it back in the battery tip will not light up. I'm betting since its so nearly charged the circuit is not tripping the LED tip and its not lighting up. You can still check the status by looking at the USB dongles LED. It will flicker between red and blue when it switches over to fully charged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread