Is vaping catching on where you live??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdreynss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
oklahoma
I get mixed signals. When I go to the local B&M they are always crowded. Seems to be doing a good business. But I have yet to see anyone vaping out side of there.

It seems that some people are apprehensive about vaping in public. I'm not sure if they are concerned about what others will think.... or are afraid of seeming strange.

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
We have 2 brick & mortar vape stores nearby, I can hardly get into the stores for the crowds. I first heard about vaping at work, currently there are about 5 people including me vaping at work [stealth inside, at the "smoking gazebo" on breaks] but I have never seen anyone at a store/restaurant/in their car etc. Kind of makes me wonder if I'm just not paying attention. . .

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
It seems that some people are apprehensive about vaping in public. I'm not sure if they are concerned about what others will think.... or are afraid of seeming strange.

I admit I Vape in my car alot but avoid it at red lights or when a car is right by me usually. People think you are doing drugs or something. I do Vape openly at the office and at a local Chilis restaurant where the manager said its okay until someone complains. Luckily no one has complained and alot of people are genuinely interested. Although I stealth Vape and don't blow huge plumes. Lol.

RickAppling

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
Lincoln' NE
Same here, I would prefer to support our local shop. But they do not carry what I want. Or are always out. On the other hand the on line shop are also out of what I need. Perhaps that is another sign of rapid growth.

The thing is..... Even with all these store near me.....none of them carry some of the equipment I really want.....And when they do the prices can be steep. So I still have to order a lot online.

I have converted all but 2 of my 14 coworkers to vaping and there are 4-5 people at Bdubs that I play cards with that vape. If your near Richmond, there will be a vape meet in chester from 6 to around 10. There will be several vendors offering samples of liquid and plenty of free knowledge. If your interested message me or search " Richmond area vapers" on Facebook.

Wallelf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Heathsville, VA, USA
If your near Richmond, there will be a vape meet in chester from 6 to around 10. There will be several vendors offering samples of liquid and plenty of free knowledge. If your interested message me or search " Richmond area vapers" on Facebook.

Thanks for the invite...I'm about 85 miles from there; maybe another time if they do something during the day. I'll definitely check out the facebook page.

jhiga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Honolulu
Vaping is pretty big here in Hawaii. It's partly because of Volcano's presence here.
Also, there are quite a bit of LEO vapers, so we don't get hassled for vaping in our cars ;D

Since Volcano is really the only vendor here with decent gear, the lines are pretty huge. I'm eternally grateful that I don't depend on them for supplies anymore, but I'm also eternally grateful they got me started on the whole thing.

I live in the Dallas Metroplex. I know quite a few people that vape around here. Almost everyone in my office has switched over. Last week even the cashier at CVS and I were talking about vaping and on my coffee trips I see a lot of people in the coffee shop vaping and using their laptops etc.

We have a lot of stores in our area. I'm not a huge fan of most of them. For the most part I have found them to be very small and crowded. Also for some reason, the people working in the store are just very unfriendly and I almost feel like I'm bothering them if I ask any questions. I almost dread having to go to the store as a result. There is one in Plano called Artisan, it is small and not the best parking.... but the people inside are very knowledgeable and helpful if you need a store in the area.

curlygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Indiana
There is only one vape shop in our area and it is very small and not in a great area of town. I find them very unfriendly and not real approachable when asking about stuff :(. The shop is cramped and the parking can be a challenge. Having said that, they have decent juice and in a pinch, accessories/parts. Our local news just did a story about vaping and featured this local shop. Of course, they had someone on from the Amer. Lung Assoc. that was in no hurry to give their stamp of approval. But I thought the vapers they interviewed sounded educated and positive, so that was a plus :)

I have converted a few of my friends and most importantly, my hubby is on board <3

JBL-37

Banana's
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Washington State
I have seen one out there and heard of another. I'm working on converting my friends that smoke. A couple have shown a real interest but haven't made the jump yet. We're getting there.

I have to mail order everything, there is a shop over an hour away. I went out there to check them out and everything was tripple the price. To make it worse the guy was on phone and store was completely dead (first clew I should have just left). The whole time I was there he looked at me once and kept talking on his phone. Since I traveled all that way I decided to buy some of his super inflated juice. Started looking at his book of flavors that I found all by myself. Picked out a couple flavors I wanted to try and proceeded to try and get his attention after staring at him for several minutes. He gave me the finger, the hold on finger. I took it as an insult and started to head out the door. He then realized he may make some money and told his gf to hold (ya, personal call not business) and asked me if he could help me after introducing himself as the owner. As my hind end was walking out the door I told him he was too late and extended my finger back at him (not the hold on finger either)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread