Istick 30w what tank to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charam1996

Oct 24, 2015
Hi I gave smoking about 16 months ago I'm quite new to adjustable vaping as I have had the ego one for about 6 months but I wanted something bigger I got recommended a 30w eleaf Istick , and I have it on the way with a aspire tank and sub ohm coils, I got them sepretley but I wanted to know would I be able to use the Atlantis on it? Or do you recommend a different tank? Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @Charam1996 and welcome to the forum. The 30w iStick will fire down to .4 ohm coils. From what I recall some of the Atlantis coils are under that, and some require/recommend more than the 30 watts to run. If I remember correctly the .5 ohm coils should be ok for the istick. You might look into the Kanger Subtank Mini, it's a little more versatile using a rba build deck (building coils is easy and cheap, check for a you tube video). I usually ran my .5 ohm factory coils on my Subtank at 23 to 25 watts. The new vertical factory coils also come in a 1.5 ohm which will use less power making the battery last longer and give a very nice vape and flavor.

Good luck in your journey.

OldSalt

Dec 16, 2010
canada
The 30W eleaf Istick will fire the Atlantis with the 1.8Ω Triton coil (10-13W), or 0.5Ω Atlantis coil (20-30W). Many folks feel these coils are under rated and fire them 25% - 50% over their rated values. You may want to get the 510 drip-tip adapter for the Atlantis if you use the 1.8Ω Triton coil with it. It's probably the best match with the Atlantis for your MOD. The Nautilus series from aspire are highly rated, and would also be a good match for your MOD. I use a Kamry 30W V2 with mine.

I absolutely hate the sub tank mini. It's far too hot a vape for me.

I'd hold out a month or two before getting a higher powered MOD. Several manufacturers are getting ready to re-release their MODs, hopefully with the problems fixed. Your best sources for vaping supplies, although not the cheapest, are your local B&M's followed by the manufacturer. Many of the Internet websites offering cheap supplies will send you problematic, sub-standard, cloned equipment. Some websites are legitimate, but don't look for deep discounts from them. Ask here, and in the manufacturers forums before you buy through the 'net. Your local B&Ms can give you support for your new devices. Get to know them, and their return / warranty policies, before you buy. ALWAYS verify the authenticity of anything you buy on the manufacturer's website.

Reactions: Charam1996

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Subtank mini, if you want some clouds. Kayfun if you want flavor and mouth to lung type of vaping. Melo for general vaping. Many tanks you can use. Used with a 1 to 1.5 ohm coil will probably work best. Many including the Subtank mini have available rebuildable sections. And the Kayfuns are rebuild only.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
The Eleaf GS Airs were Made For the iStick.

I'd go with what I use most of the time, a GS Air MS. The coils are pretty easy to rebuild with Kanthal and Rayon.

For flavor, that's a great combo. Sweet Vapes sells them for $10. A deal if you ask me.

Go to Exra Effort to Be Sure the wicks are wet before powering the coil though.

PS; If you get bored, get an Evod tank and drill one vent hole out with a 1/16" drill. Rewick with Rayon. You'll be pretty shocked at the amount of vapor you can get from that. Great flavor too with the Rayon and no need for flavor wicking. Evod tanks are only $2-3 each.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome @Charam1996 :)

I have 4 iStick 30s, and I run just about anything on them, including RDAs. I don't have an Atlantis, but I'm not keen on super-low ohms. I like about 0.7-1.8 (that's just *MY* preference). It's good to have a variety - at least that's how I vape. Different setups for different moods :)

Glad you're here - make yourself at home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread