Istick 50 issue I havnt heard of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I missed something(as in someone has already posted this) feel free to move or delete this topic, but here goes.
Bought a 50w istick about a month, month and a half ago and this little thing has been a beast. Absolutely in love with it.....until today. Im not -that- new of a vaper(although not too many posts on this site) but Im baffled by what happened.
Ive been having that firing button issue where sometimes it doesnt click, sometimes it cuts out, sometimes it works perfectly. Known issue that tons of them have so I just accepted it as a design flaw, you get what you pay for. However this morning my little trooper was close to dead so I decided to charge. I turn it off as I usually do and hook it up to the charger in my car.
When I get to my destination its about half charged so I unplug it and go. Press the fire button 5 times and.....nothing.
So I figure it has to be the "light press issue" and keep clicking... And... nothing.
I go back to my car, plug it back in to the charger and click it 5 times. Comes on and I can vape. Awesomesauce! Except... not. I unplug the little guy and try to take a hit, with the result being nothing but air. Try again, nothing but air. Again, nothing but air. No error messages on the screen, just seems like the click isnt registering.
So I plug it back into the charger, the charging symbol came on and it was hitting like a champ. Unplug, no response to any button firings. The adjustment arrows work fine, just cant vape anything with it. So at this point I figure "Maybe it's just mad that it isnt fully charged" So I plug it back into my car and go do my errands(Yes I know, leaving a charging battery unattended is never a good idea. Especially in a car.) come back and the battery is fully charged. No flashing charging icon so I try to turn it on.
As you've probably guessed as is the pattern in this post..... Nothing. Now I cant even turn it on while hooked up to the charger as I figure the current is no longer going to the device. As I said, Im not a -new- vaper, going on 5 months now, but I am a person who does alot of research before buying anything and I went with the istick 50 as it could do what I wanted it to do while I keep learning about battery safety, ohms law etc and feel comfortable with a mech. So I don't -believe- it was user error. I don't see what I could have done that would have resulted in this happening.
So....obviously stressed that it was no longer working at all, the wife suggested I get another one as I was about to go buy a pack of smokes just to calm down. 75 for the kit is better than 8 bucks on a pack of smokes in the longrun. Now Im about 140$ down for an istick 50w and a paperweight.
I -was- running a derringer clone with a dual coil 26g 0.4 ohm build(well within the specs provided for the 50w) and it wont work with my subtank mini(.5 ohm OCC head) or my wife's nano(.5 again), well, before it turned off for good.

Any easy fix for this?
B&M probably wont exchange it as it's past the 30 day warranty.
Does eleaf offer a replace or repair program?(Again, you get what you pay for so I dont expect much)
Or do I just chuck it at the next smoker I see who tells me vaping is more dangerous than smoking, while yelling "You're right!" before running off?

Sorry for the long post. If I left anything out, I can answer any questions that would help me get this fixed.

Reactions: chopdoc
Dont get me wrong. It -is- a good device.... but with how little it costs, duds can be expected. When my first one worked, it worked like a beast on crack. I loved it and got one for my wife(who is as of date having no issues at all) and convinced a co-worker to buy one(who has already dropped it under his brake peddle and scratched the everloving poop out of it.

Just, as with most things, there can be issues. I can honestly report that in hour 2 of istick #2, I am having no issues.

That being said... I can't wait for my local B&M to restock their SX mini M class.....

Reactions: TXBiker

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
Mine didn't like anything below .5 it would act stupid. I did a dual 26g 3mm build it read .38 on my usa meter and .4 on the istick. Every time I fired it it would change the settings and never kept the same ohm reading but the atty was fine on the other mods I tried one with a DNA and another with a YIHI. Put my orchid with a dual 26g 3mm build at .6 which the istick saw as .8 and it was fine. I doubt that it could ever fire a .2 build as stated. Now mine lives on the shelf the wife will use it with her ST at 1.2 on rides or when her little vs needs a charge. I still like the thing but it will be the last time I buy anything like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread