IT' BURNING MY ATOMISERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathanman

Aug 22, 2012
Swansea, South Wales.
I have just purchased a Kanger K Simar 20 and I loves it! Only problem is that the voltage is far too high for my Kanger Protank 2. It is giving me plenty of vapour but no taste apart from the burning.
This is the 1st mod I've bought and have been using the vapeonly V Power which is perfect with the protank. I love the feel and look of the K Simar 20 and want to hang on to it. My question is do I now have to start looking at a higher end tank for the mod to counter it burning my atty and what should I get.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
as was already mentioned turn your mod down for now Lots of peple swear buy the Kanger SUB Mini and Nano also the Aspire V2 Atlantis is supposed to be pretty good. You will have to stick to the higher end of the coil head selections with a 20 watt mod but if your looking to up grade there is a good place to start.

Reactions: Nathanman

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    That mod does not have "step down", so you need to use enough atomizer resistance for the wattage you want with a fully charged battery.
    (it can boost above battery voltage, but it can not reduce below ambient battery voltage)

add:
    So you would at least need a 2.5 ohm coil in your protank to get down to 7 watts with a fresh battery.

Last edited:

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2015
    North Charleston, SC
    The K Simar 20 is a wattage regulating device. Some kind of gyroscope or something is used to adjust wattage. My guess is that you ran the coil too hot and cooked the cotton. Now it tastes burnt no matter what wattage you try. Put in a new coil, run it at 7 watts, and step up from there in 0.5 watt increments until flavor starts to dry out. My guess is that 8 to 10 watts is all that tank can handle. Thicker juce will magnify problems, too. No point losing the tank if you're happy with it, though. Try to find its sweet spot and don't get wrapped up in running at higher wattages just because the mod can do it.

Reactions: Nathanman

Nathanman

Aug 22, 2012
    Swansea, South Wales.
    well it looks like you just want to buy a new one,dont worry that's normal we do it too :)

hehhehe

kidding aside,
    if it has a burnt taste,
    rewicking it should be fun or shoot for any coil above 2 ohms and start with the lowest setting available :)
    Thanks zeus, you've got me bang to rights. Any advice on any tanks I should be looking for?

zeus01

ECF Veteran
    Aug 19, 2011
    manila
    Thanks zeus, you've got me bang to rights. Any advice on any tanks I should be looking for?

atlantis aspire
    or kanger sub,
    (not really sure if these tanks hgave the option to rebuild coils)
    as most people here would recommend.

personally id shoot for a rebuildable tank ,
    something like a kayfun or similar,,since it gives me the liberty to make my own coils and make adjustments on the spot..rather than buying a premade coil..

again its just me

Nathanman

Aug 22, 2012
    Swansea, South Wales.
    Thanks for all your input over the last couple of days guys. I ended up going to my local vape store (Celtic Vapours) and ended up getting an Aspire Nautilus after some chat from the helpful chap there. Just got home, filled it up and let it settle. Vaping like a dream. I figure the double coil must be doing the trick because there is no hint of any burning whatsoever with the added bonus of looking EPIC!

Reactions: Lessifer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread