It seems like it's all the same!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
I started this post to clear things up for users in regards to what if anything is unique about each supplier.

I used to think that Janty and Puresmoker had different liquid, till I went on Litecigs website and noticed that they are the missing link, meaning they have all the flavors such as cola or oriental which are unique to Janty and pure smoker. I also noticed that the bottles @ Litecig are the same as Janty, leading me to believe that all 3 get the same exact liquid from the same supplier.
I have seen posts from people claiming that riskee is the same or similar to RY4, then I see the same people saying that they have never ordered from Janty.
I also see claims like the MLB from this place is the best, well did you order MLB from every single place and found one which was a clear winner or did you order from one place and found you liked that liquid?
It seems like Johnsoncreek and Wicked (maybe kick too?) are the only ones who are unique

Same thing for e-cigs, seems like Janty are the only people who sell unique products, is there any difference in quality between a 901 from puresmoker, a 901 from wicked, a 901 from litecig, or a 901 from some generic seller in China?

I heard that there were 10 different manufactures in China making e-liquid and cigs, then I heard there were 20, WTF? I think it’s probably more like 2 or 3
It’s hard to tell what’s real so I started this thread for people who have bought a similar/same product from 2 or more different places.

riddle80

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
I've wondered the same thing. Pretty much everyone is getting this stuff from the same place. It's confusing trying to figure it all out.

I just go w/puresmoker because I figure his prices are fair, customer service is great, and the shipping is fast. Plus I'm guaranteed for it not to be d.o.a. That's all you really have to make you decision on is price, customer service, shipping time, and warranty anyways. I'm amazed that some companies can still make money w/prices so high and no warranties for the same products.

It would be great if someone started manufacturing these here in the US. Wonder how much price would go up on them if that were to happen?

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
Have you ever read the quality statement on TW website?

Pillbox makes it sound like he scoured the earth from end to end looking for the finest and purest e-liquid, like I can picture him up in the Himalayas with a Sherpa guide trying different e-liquids.

When in actuality it's all made in China which is known for bad QC and poor working conditions

I think people are willing to pay more because they think it will be safer liquid, but I think it's more likely from the same source, so why pay more for a false security blanket?

So the question is it the same?

JC589

Jan 6, 2009
Philadelphia, PA USA
K-sound Krew, you read my mind! I have been deciding between the Janty minifogger (which I believe you suggested to me) and a 901 for my first e-cig. I like the Janty, but it seems bigger and a bit more expensive, so I was looking at the 901, but then I see it is being sold all over the place and I was wondering if there was a difference or if you can expect the same quality 901 regardless of where you buy....

....on a not-so-related note: Is the Janty minifogger that much bigger/wider than a 901?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
There are several manufacturers, and dozens of trading companies/wholesalers/middlemen etc. The low quality product mostly moves through places like dealsExtreme, eBay, etc. The "generic" sellers who you find mentioned frequently here have found good suppliers and are all good choices. Puresmoker, e-SmokeyTreats, LitecigUSA, Smokester, Pillbox, and so on. The "Brands" range from some that just resell generics at a higher price but with a warranty, like Njoy, to those who exert a bit more product control or even manufacture their own, like David Yang, Sedansa, or Janty.

And of course, there's a lot of dispute over who really sells or makes or designed what, but that's part of the fun! :D

As for the 901, avoid ebay and electronic novelty shops, and you will probably be OK with any of the e-cig dealers here.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
There seems to have been a lot of problems with the mini fogger JC...you might want to read some of the recent threads on them before buying. There have been more raves about the new Janty Dura....if you're looking for a product by them.

I think the 901's are pretty much the same across the board (if you're looking in the US anyway). This being the case, what users are more looking for now are the best prices, shipping and customer service.

I usually recommend www.puresmoker.com since he does have good prices and customer service....but that is just personal choice.

Depending on how much you want to spend....Katy at The Smokeless Shop - The Ultimate DSE901b Black Mini Starter Kit has a good 901 starter kit with extra accessories.

Good luck!

Lu

Last edited:

K0rvet

Dec 24, 2008
Last I heard there were 7 different Chinese companies that carried their own versions of the e-cig. For all I know they may have all came from the same factory. Made to order products. Give them a viable design and they'll crank 'em out. Not getting a clear picture on that yet.

China does not have great quality control standards compared to most other countries. Last time I saw electronics like that, it was labelled "ronco". Been vaping for 20 days and have 2 dead atomizers and 1 dead battery so far. That is trying to be super careful with them, so nothing got dropped or sat on, ok?

I currently have 4 DSE801 penstyles by royal - Not a big fan of them. Hit or miss on vapor and unpredictable batteries. Could last an hour, but sometimes go for 4... I don't like getting surprised by 1 good throat hit after 5 minutes of sucking air, y'know?

They keep me away from analogs, and that's my goal. If I have to buy 3 or 4 atomizers a month, so be it. I'm not going to promote one supplier over another, though. Like you said, products are likely to be very similar if not exactly the same. Just know your model number and make sure the vendor carries yours first. Look for good prices and good shipping. Anything else is frosting on the cake.

I don't expect much in the way of customer service from anyone. They all seem to have their own opinion of how to take care of e-cigs, so I'm guessing there really isn't a set standard for maintenance anyway. No matter what you do, it'll be wrong to them...

As for e-liquid, I'm not into candy flavored junk. I like menthol, period. The stronger the better. I'm just glad I'm not smoking over 2 packs of analogs a day any more.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
is there any difference in quality between a 901 from puresmoker, a 901 from wicked, a 901 from litecig, or a 901 from some generic seller in China?
Chances are that only the Chinese generic seller will sell you a genuine 901. All the rest sell some RNxxxx in which you actually cannot use genuine 901 carts.

JC589J: Mini Fogger ich much SMALLER than 901. It also has much shorter battery and cartridge life.

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
This is going a bit off topic
Basically I want to know if there is any difference in similar products offered by different sellers.

has anyone ever ordered a starter kit from one reseller and then orderded replacement parts from another reseller? If so was it the same thing just rebranded or could you see a difference in quality and performance?

Same thing for e-liquid, most people try new flavors when they order from different sellers, I have never seen anyone post something like......

"I ordered MLB liquid from 10 different sellers and there was absolutely no difference between them"

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
But have you seen any difference in performance or durabilty from one reseller over another, or do you think it all gets manufactured from the same place and just gets rebranded?

Depends. 901s are pretty reliable and consistent in quality, which is why they are good for beginners, but most other styles can vary considerably from one manufacturer to another. Penstyles, for example range from the ultra bad e-cig.com model, through to many excellent generics like the suppliers I mentioned before, and at the top are the truly outstanding performers like Janty or Sedansa.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Jantyliquid and Litecig liquid are largely the same,I think all the same in US (Janty in europe doesn't or didn't have other Ruyans then Ry4, while Litecig Europe does have those).

Oh and Partysmoker seems to have his own liquid, at least it's different from other brands I have tried. Good stuff, no clogging; but a bit thinner then most. Also some seperate tastes. Watch it, they have partypuff and powerpuff; but they carry the original; Litecig branded two of their tastes with the same names later on, but those are different (and apparantly rebranded them to Ry 2 and 3, or 1 and 2, after they themselves discovered there was an actual difference between their 'partypuff' and the original, and between their 'powerpuff' and the original).
Not easy, keeping up with names and history of all the liquids and brands, good luck :)

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread