I've been reminded NEVER to take a day,hour or moment for granted to let those you love know it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
I am okay but feeling deeply the loss of 2 people this week that my children are so hurting over.We got the news Tuesday that a cousin they grew up with was found dead in his home.30 years old he left his S.O. their 5 year old son and a baby due within the month along with his mom ,sister and many aunts uncles and cousins.Last night on their way to his rosary my girls stopped in to see my oldest daughters grama by previous marrage.Grama Mary had suffered a long time with cancer and just before they got to her house the Lord called her home.Her passing was expected but not quite this soon.We find comfort that her suffering is over.Though I was'nt close with either never the less my children and grandchildren were(my grandaughters 17th birthday was also yesterday) close and it hurts to see them in such pain and all the other family members of these two souls.I feel so helpless but I realize really only time truly heals and that all I can do is be there for them to try to console and comfort as best I can.I am also praying for God to give comfort all these broken,hurting hearts.At the same time I am somewhat numbed by the suddeness of this and it has struck me so hard that we truely don't know day to day what will happen and I think I had taken for granted sometimes that my loved ones will always be there.I hope this is'nt to depressing but I just needed to get this out and if it helps anyone to say I love you ,give a hug or make that phone call you've been putting off to say hello to a loved one then i am glad.Tommorrow is promised to no one........Thank you for listening my PIF family and God bless you all...gramakittycat

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
My Condolances Grandma. Although I am not a religious person I Have always felt those that have passed on are truely in a better place. Sometimes I actually feel closer to the people I have lost when they are gone then while they were here. I have a different take on death then some though. I am more of believer that people are energy, and you can neither create nor destroy energy merely change its form. So when someone passes on, they really don't leave there energy is merely changed form and they are still here. (a spirit if you must, or a ghost).

webbcm127

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
wenatchee WA
Sorry too hear that, my two oldest boys recently lost their grandfather, and they took it pretty hard....my oldest is only 7 and he was worried that when his brother got sick just a few days later that he was going to pass away too, it's heart breaking when a loved one is hurt especially when it has to do with children and grand children. Thoughts and prayers are with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread