Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
This is how my Cyber Monday purchase from J-Tek Imports went:

Placed the order on 11/28. On 11/29 I got a "Sorry! I don't have the item your ordered..." e-mail followed almost immediately with a "Never mind that e-mail! I found the last one of what you ordered labeled as something else..." Said the order was going out that very day.

Right there I knew this order was gonna be a problem.

On 11/30 friends were showing USPS tracking for their J-Tek orders would be delivered the next day on 12/01. My USPS tracking still showed a tracking number was issued, but USPS had no package. The one and only reply I received from J-Tek on 12/01 about this order just said "I mailed it... blame USPS."

The package - supposedly shipped on 11/29 - never showed up in USPS tracking. Hmmm... By now the J-Tek site was closed for business because the J-Tek offices were moving. Me? Worried? Now? Five days later on 12/03, after my second query to J-Tek about what happened to the package, it suddenly appears at USPS. (No response from J-Tek.) Once it did get in the system it only took 3 days to get from FL to MA. Once it got in the system...

Got the order - finally on 12/05. Good thing, right? No. I ordered two 901 battery to 510 adapters. There was only one in the box. And it was the exact opposite of what I ordered. While the extra attys I ordered were in a poly bag the battery adapter was loose in the box, like it was tossed in as an afterthought. 1 wrong and 1 missing.

I went back to the J-Tek site to see if I made the mistake on the order. But now the site has been updated from being closed for 5 days to being closed for 10 days for "moving." I can't view any products on the site. Sent an e-mail to J-Tek on 12/05 about the missing and incorrect battery adapters. No response.

Figured I better look through the contents of the 901 kit. Maybe the missing battery adapter was in there? No, and now I find the 2 battery Riva kit only has one atty cover in it. Am I missing an atty cover too? Don't know - the sight is still showing "closed for moving" on every product page. I can't even look at the product description of items I ordered. Another e-mail to J-Tek on 12/05. Again, no reply.

The site is finally back in business on 12/11. But now the Riva 901 kit page is gone. No way to check on what was supposed to be included. And the adapters are still on the sight, but now it looks like the product descriptions for the battery adapters has been clarified. Regardless it looks like I ordered the right one. And regardless - still no replies from Jay Simmons since December 1st.

This might be small stuff, but the total is adding up to a really bad first time customer experience: Order. "Sorry! Don't got it... Yes we do!" e-mails. Inexplicable delay in shipping compared to friends who ordered the same day. Web site "closed for moving." Missing battery adapter and wrong battery adapter. No way to check if the Riva kit was supposed to come with two atty covers. No responses to e-mails.

What to do? Since I was now at 2 weeks of no replies to e-mail asking for a way to fix this I put the entire charge in dispute with my credit card. I figured that might get Jay to wake up and provide service. Or at least reply as to why he won't. Right? Well - no. I received a letter from my CC company dated January 16th, informing me they received no response from J-Tek Imports when they tried to contact them as well. The letter from my credit card asked me to contact them about the matter.

I reviewed and at this point I didn't give a damn about what was supposed to be in the Riva kit. Ultimately it came down to being charged for 2 battery adapters, only receiving one, it was the wrong one, and the $$$ I paid at another vendor site to replace only one of those two adapters. I chatted with my CC company, explained, and told them I would be happy with a credit for what it cost to fix that. That cost J-Tek nearly 18% of the original order total. I would have preferred to send the whole damned order back. But that would have been throwing bad money after bad. And besides, J-Tek wasn't responding to e-mails, let alone issuing RMA authorizations. And I didn't even know where to return the package what with the "...moving to a new location" and all.

I was nice in my e-mail correspondence. I asked Jay to please fix what should have been a chump change problem for any vendor. But the lack of response - even to a credit card company - speaks volumes about how this place does business. 250% turned off, will never order again and absolutely cannot recommend.

Complaint also filed with ecf powers that be. They were not impressed with J-Tek's lack of response to my credit card company. I'm so not impressed that I bothered to write all this up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread