JoyeTech eGo Twist confusion. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Hello everyone. I'm extremely new to vaping. Been using a blucig kit for the past 2 weeks. I'm ready to upgrade to something better. After doing some research, I've decided that I'm going to purchase a joyetech Ego Twist. I am so new to vaping, that I'm really unsure how I should set this thing up, and I'm having trouble finding everything that I need.

I found this youtube video, THE EGO TWIST IS A GAME CHANGER - YouTube

In this video the reviewer has a system set up on his 1000ma battery with a smoktech skinny tank with a 2.0ohm single coil smoketech atomizer. I'm trying to find all the parts to build this same exact setup, but I'm having a really hard time, and I'm frustrated.

If I understand it right, all I need to buy is the ego twist, the tank, and the atomizer, and the charger, correct? I need help guys. I hate to ask for such a huge favor, but it would be really helpful if somebody could sort of hold my hand while I try to put this thing together. I'd hate to place an order, only to find out that the pieces I bought aren't compatible, causing me to place multiple orders, and waste money. So can somebody please watch the video and tell me exactly what I need?

JoeChemo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2010
Washington, USA

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Alright I placed an order with wordupecig. I ordered the following

Joyetech eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 1000mAh
T3 Kanger Clearomizer 1.8ohm
T3 Kanger replacement coil 2.2ohm
Joyetech eGoC & eGo fast charger with cord (usb)
Joye 510 E-cig atomizer
A package of 510 drip tips

I also ordered a variety pack of 5 sample bottles from the same website. Does all of this seem correct? Will everything fit together and work?

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Looks good to me. Now go stand by your mailbox and wait for your order to arrive. :)
Thats what I'm doing. The mail usually doesn't get delivered at 7:30 at night on a holiday, but you never know. Thanks for all your help JoeChemo. After banging my head against the wall for hours, you made this process a lot easier. After I get some experience with these things I'll probably know exactly what I'm ordering, and why the next time around. Can't thank you enough.

KySky

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Kentucky
One more thing. If I wanted to set up the eGo twist for dripping, what supplies would I need?

Any 510 atomizer should work for dripping with an eGo twist.

FIVE (5) Joye 510 compatible e-Cigarette blank low resistance cartomizers (Manufactured by Boge)

And you will want a drip tip to keep from burning your lips off on the atomizer. :)

Drip Tips

I'm new here and been vaping for only 3 weeks with an e-cig V2 and thinking about upgraing to VV. I found this thread very helpful but I'm confused by this statement above. If I understand the concept of "Dripping", it's considered a cheap way to sample different juices. The way I tryied to do this on my V2 was buying blant carto's (similar to link for LR carto's) and filling them with samples I recieved.

How would you use a drip tip in concert with the cartomizer above?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm new here and been vaping for only 3 weeks with an e-cig V2 and thinking about upgraing to VV. I found this thread very helpful but I'm confused by this statement above. If I understand the concept of "Dripping", it's considered a cheap way to sample different juices. The way I tryied to do this on my V2 was buying blant carto's (similar to link for LR carto's) and filling them with samples I recieved.

Pretty sure Joe was addressing different questions in his answer. He'll chime in but the first comment:

"Any 510 atomizer should work for dripping with an eGo twist."

is the answer to the dripping question.

These atomizers, for example:

Joye 510 or Joye eGo electronic cigarette replacement atomizers

... used with a drip tip instead of a cartridge are good for dripping.

That said, cartomizers in the other link are not good for dripping and sampling because there's a filler involved which would have to be cleaned out after every sample. With atomizers, just a drop of PG and vaping it only helps clean the coil... But for people that like cartos - those boge 2.0Ω are very popular - just not for dripping.

One can use drip tips with cartomizers - Some 510 drip tips can fits KR8 cartos, but it's best to get one that is specific for KR808d-1 carto size.

KySky

Verified Member
Jan 1, 2013
Kentucky
I guess using the drip tip method is the best way to sample different flavors if you only have the ego twist and Kanger T3.

I've been reading everything here for weeks and following links to vendors and trying to put this all together in my mind and trying to understand it, but to no avail. I'm going to try to spend the next few days on YouTube and see if I can't piece it all together that way.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Ky,

Here's a 510 atomizer - which is good for dripping:

510atomizer.jpg

There are various kinds but here's the inside of two:

images

atty%20bridge.jpg

The middle nubbin is 'the bridge'. It is covered with 'metal mesh' which tends to retain ejuice - good for dripping. In the second one, there is more metal mesh at the base nearer the coil - imo, even better for dripping.

Dripping on a 510 atomizer with a drip tip attached:

466519937_964.jpg

The drip tip is only a mouthpiece - no cartridge or filler so the ejuice goes directly to the bridge and metal mesh.

Here's a T3:

201282816410833381.jpg

The design is different, so no dripping through the mouthpiece. You can't drip with the T3, although imo vaping with it is a 'near dripping' experience. Taste and vapor are as good as dripping.

Pictures helped me understand at first - hope this helps.

JoeChemo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2010
Washington, USA

Oops! At the time, I thought I was posting a link for a five pack of atomizers. Sorry for the confusion. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread