Just a quick hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyblues

Dec 9, 2012
Parker, Colorado
Greetings,

I'm new here and just ordered my first sample kit of e-cigs. I've been smoking for 30 years or so and decided to try e-cigs. I had a friend a number of years ago who tried it with no success. I've been thinking about if since then. A friend at work just bought some e-cigs so I thought I'd give it a try. I've been a pretty hard core Marlboro smoker so thought I'd try the Bull Smokes first since they supposedly resemble a "real" cigarette. After reading this forum, I will probably also try Halo G6 and Volts to see what works.

After that, I may graduate to something more customizable, i.e., eGo-C or something similar.

Thanks for all the great advise. My Bull Smokes were mailed out today so I should be getting them this week. I have no grand illusions of quitting smoking right away but if these things cut my smoking in half, I will be happy.

On to smoking vapor, or vaping as you guys like to call it.

Jim

Brattain

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
San Joaquin Valley
Congratulations on making a healthy choice, Jim! Hopefully those juice choices will do it for you. I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting a flavor similar to Marlboros. While there are quite a few tobacco flavors out there, they seem to me to resemble cured tobacco more than tobacco smoke. I'd just try lots of flavors to find a few that you like without expecting them to taste like cigarettes. After a short time, you'll probably consider that a good thing.

Regarding the difference between cutting down and quitting entirely, you might be surprised. Lots of people find no need for cigarettes immediately after switching. Good luck!

Skyblues

Dec 9, 2012
Parker, Colorado
Bull Smoke is a major ripoff....
But once you get into egos, you'll never turn back.
Good luck.

That could be but one of the reasons I decided to try Bull Smoke (besides it possibly being similar to smoking a cigarette) is they have this sale going on now. I got the Ranch Hand kit for $25 + $5 shipping. Can't beat that for my first try :)

Jim

txgrin

Dec 11, 2012
Kerrville Texas
I too smoked those beautiful red cigs. It has been difficult getting my PV consistently enjoyable. I guess some big dollars were spent ensuring that Marlboro's are the same every day! I use the ego, mini vivi nova, and halo liquid. It's alot easier now
Hang in......there's much to enjoy as a "vapor"

Txgrin

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Skyblues

Dec 9, 2012
Parker, Colorado
Thanks for the welcome and info. I got my Bull Smokes today. I tried my first "vape" and I like it. I think this is good for starters but I can see myself moving forward pretty soon.

I was wondering if anyone can lead my in the right direction. I am interested in getting something a bit bigger; something along the lines of the old small cigars like Hav-A-Tampa and Tiparillos.

Can I get something that is about the size of those with the "cigar tips" on the ends? I don't like the round type ends I've seen nor the drip tip ends.

Do they make such a thing? If so, what is it called?

Thanks much,
Jim

Smoked for 14 years, I've been vaping 3 days now, I also was a red smoker and was fixed on getting a tobacco flavor. I found that I enjoy the flavor juice vs the tobacco. The tobacco taste more like a cigarette before you light it. One thing I've been doing is using tobacco juice with a little flavor juice mixed in. I tried some of the disposible e-cigs such as njoy and blu cig, I have the Vision Spinner VV with a ViVi Nova tank and there is no comparison to them. Its like going from a Kia to a BMW.

I smoked for over 30 years and am amazed at how easy it has been to give them up once I found a set-up that worked for me. I also use the vision spinner and mini vivi nova tank. You can put any 510 drip tip on the vivi nova, and you can get 510 drip tips that are flat rather than round. As for the spinner, I have both the 900 mAh and 1300 mAh. The 900 lasts me almost all day, and the 1300 lasts all one day and part of the next. I generally vape coffee + cookie or fruit flavors. For me, the turning point that allowed me to give up those last few cigarettes was the variable voltage spinner battery. Sometimes I want a big cloud of vapor, and sometimes I want a very smooth hit. I can have either instantly with a turn of the knob.

Skyblues

Dec 9, 2012
Parker, Colorado
Well, you guys were right. As it turns out, the Bull Smoke was pretty lame. The Smokeless Image Volt is outstanding. I am going to write a short review on both.

I will keep using the Volt (their RY4 is amazing) for work and I bought a eGO Twist and a Mini Nova to try out. I ordered a few flavors from various vendors to try out. As soon as they get here, I am going to try the eGO/Nova.

Thanks for all the input,
Jim

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Oh, I forgot to ask, my Mini Nova came with three resistances; 1.8ohm, 2.4ohm and a 2.8ohm. Which is best to use with the eGoO Twist?

Jim
Welcome to ECF and the wonderful world of vaping (ie. shopping online till your credit cards start to cry). I hope you like your twist as much as I like the 3 that I have. For the nova, most come with a 2.4ohm head already installed. Fill it up and give it a few minutes to let the wicks soak up the juice. With the twist you can turn the voltage up or down till it suits just you and only you. Don't be afraid to play with the voltage, cause the 2.4ohm head should take what the twist can give it. I say you mention RY4 which is still one of my favorites. I know what your talking about with the cigar tip shape but I can't remember what it's called right now. I got 6 "H3's from a local B/M shop that have it. I know their out there but my brain fails me at the moment. Welcome to the club and brace yourself for a wonderful vapor filled journey.

oheysup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
I too smoked those beautiful red cigs. It has been difficult getting my PV consistently enjoyable. I guess some big dollars were spent ensuring that Marlboro's are the same every day! I use the ego, mini vivi nova, and halo liquid. It's alot easier now
Hang in......there's much to enjoy as a "vapor"

Txgrin

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Can +1 Halo liquid being incredibly good for getting off Marlboro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread